Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:New Saw 006.jpg New Saw 007.jpg

The new coil came in Friday, just in time for us to leave to go visit the better half's brother and wife for the weekend. So, the saw got packed up and went with. Got up Saturday morning and put the new coil in and, PRESTO. Houston, we have spark. Dribbled some mix down the carb and she started up. Got home this afternoon and proceeded to put things back together, set the carb mixtures a little rich, 3 pulls and started up. Got things adjusted and runs real nice.

Just got back from the fair. The truck and tractor pull was a pretty good time. Its been close to a decade since I've been to one. The 4WD trucks were our favorite tonight. They were running fast and loud tonight. Met Chad on the way up there and he gave me a couple carbs for my 026 I'm working on. Always good to meet good people. Thanks again, Chad!
cool deal! me and Chad play with saws and goof off some.... he is super good at stihl's....he dont like to work on old mac's :) :) :) but we like all saws :)

Glad to hear you had a good time. Nice timing eh? We were on our way back from Omaha, just took the kiddos and the grand kids to see the zoo! We stopped to eat in Kc and got to meet Brandon. Great to meet ya Brandon.

My duaghter and SIL both build and pull garden tractors and we have a blast watching them pull! They took my wife and I to the MSTPA pull last weekend where we watched the 4x4's too! they are pretty awesome to watch.

I forgot to ask if you needed any kits for those carbs. I have those on hand all the time I can always throw one in the mail to ya if ya need one let me know.

Yeah, it was perfect timing. We left from meeting you and made it to the fair right on time. I also keep a slew of D10-WAT kits hanging around. I appreciate it though. I do need to order some more needles though. Starting to run low on the small ones. I'll let you know how that 026 turns out. Thanks again!

Didn't get to play with any saws today, but got a lot done. Started the day by changing the sending unit in the truck. Went pretty easy, but still took me close to three hours. Then I helped the wife move here new display cabinet inside and get that set up. Then I picked up some ramps for the 4-wheeler, worked on it a little more, then parked it in the shed. Then mowed the lawn. So basically, a lazy Sunday, lol.

I would have rather been making a trade happen this weekend, but the lady of the house wanted to go visiting her brother. Got to keep her happy, I know the rules. Tuesday day I'll do some trading.

This showed up today at the show.
5e8a4eze.jpg

yha8ygus.jpg
nu8yty3a.jpg

Howdy gents! Sorry been out of touch, daddy duty and all. Here's what I did yesterday, with a set of drawers I got for helping a friend move. Been wanting to store all the Shop Smith accessories in one place, and I think this will do the trick. Cheap Harbor freight wheels failed, though.... Bandsaw blades and other stuff in the drawers. Jointer weighs two tons, bandsaw works great. On the right is the extension table. Weird devices, these. Mine dates from 1956, works fine. I look forward to lathe turning. I LOVE the horizontal drill press part.

Accessory Cart.jpg Greenie 101.jpg

Morning all, sitting here having coffee and enjoying the cool temps. We could use some rain in my little corner of the world. Corn and beans are looking real good, but need a good drink or two. I have one mower and two saws to finish off today for sure. Later Jim, have a good one.

Morning everyone!

Nice cool morning, glad I put the big sliding door in the bedroom. Opened teh house last night, and it is a beautiful day. Lot of carpentry work to do, and I have bad tennis elbow, so if you guys are of a mind to be prayin, please send one up for me. Resting it can only go so long.

Just ready to have my first of three cupsa coffee, and mama just brought my breakfast. Emerson will be wearing size three diapers by the end of today.

July 27.jpg

Hope everyone has a good day.

Evening Gentlemen,
Got a trade going tomorrow and its not saw related, however there is a saw involved.
More tomorrow afternoon. :laugh:

Come Wednesday Ma and Pa are headed south the Kimberling City area. Coming back Sunday. Lady the daughter works with has a cabin on Table Rock.

If Jim or Kenneth has someting to relay, we have room. (must not smell of stale gas, mini van).

Nixa is on the way and near shouting distance to Carthage. Visits on the way back Sunday? We havn't been to the the 'Prescous Moments' place for a good while.

Taking trout (Tanycomo), bass and catfish gear.

Nancy got all dolled up this afternoon and suggested we go out for dinner, so we did.
I got some work done on my Shop Smith accessory cart, but that was not nearly as important as going out to have a big ribeye with the apple of my eye, the creation from Adam's rib, and of course, my little buddy came along as well.

Nancy 7-28-14.jpg 7-28-14.jpg

Life is too good to be true.
The steak was cooked just right, too.

Now I just need to find a cherry 076 at a yard sale for $50 and I'll be set.

Come Wednesday Ma and Pa are headed south the Kimberling City area. Coming back Sunday. Lady the daughter works with has a cabin on Table Rock.

If Jim or Kenneth has someting to relay, we have room. (must not smell of stale gas, mini van).

Nixa is on the way and near shouting distance to Carthage. Visits on the way back Sunday? We havn't been to the the 'Prescous Moments' place for a good while.

Taking trout (Tanycomo), bass and catfish gear.
I have heard tanycomo is good fer trout... the only experiance I have with it is (in 1999) the ex wife went nuts, ended up in a small town on the lake, allegedly tried to kill her self by driving our new car off a cliff or peer or or something.... I had to drive the old blue olds cutlass missing on 3 cylinders and a slipping trans to pick her back up..... what a mess..... the locals were super mad at her and anyone around her.... I took my sister in law with me to help.... thank the Lord for the new... wonderful, not crazy wife

SIL spent summers with his father around Branson. He was a avid outdoorsman and trout fisherman. Mike introduced me to the trophy area just below Table Rock dam. I still use a fly rod but have put together a very lite 7 ft. bait casting setup that will flip very small lures and spoons. Brown trout like them.

Latest posts

Back