Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SIL spent summers with his father around Branson. He was a avid outdoorsman and trout fisherman. Mike introduced me to the trophy area just below Table Rock dam. I still use a fly rod but have put together a very lite 7 ft. bait casting setup that will flip very small lures and spoons. Brown trout like them.
i have a 6.6 spinning rod and use 2# test for some long casts too :) in S.E. KS we have a strip pit that has a natural spring and is stocked with rainbow trout I have caught some good ones out of there, I go to benit springs outside labenon MO. also some good small mouth there too :) have fun, be safe, and catch a big one!!!

I ran the 68cc lombard today with a good chain... it pulls really hard, its a beast
thanks fer making it so strong Carl!

Come Wednesday Ma and Pa are headed south the Kimberling City area. Coming back Sunday. Lady the daughter works with has a cabin on Table Rock.

If Jim or Kenneth has someting to relay, we have room. (must not smell of stale gas, mini van).

Nixa is on the way and near shouting distance to Carthage. Visits on the way back Sunday? We havn't been to the the 'Prescous Moments' place for a good while.

Taking trout (Tanycomo), bass and catfish gear.
I'll be around Sunday Carl...
If ya wanna stop by...
Just let me know...
I'll be making a race chain for Mark heiman to run on his Mac's at Baraboo...
He's gonna turn some heads this year...

I'll be around Sunday Carl...
If ya wanna stop by...
Just let me know...
I'll be making a race chain for Mark heiman to run on his Mac's at Baraboo...
He's gonna turn some heads this year...
BIG CHIPS and a big gain in speed too! :) :)

i have a 6.6 spinning rod and use 2# test for some long casts too :) in S.E. KS we have a strip pit that has a natural spring and is stocked with rainbow trout I have caught some good ones out of there, I go to benit springs outside labenon MO. also some good small mouth there too :) have fun, be safe, and catch a big one!!!

I got tired of wind loops and twists using open face spinning reels and got started on baitcasters. Took be back to when I was a young snot and that's all we had. I'll admit the learning curve is steep for shure but worth the effort. I won't use nothin' else on the river (Mo.). 65# braided line, it will drag in just about anything.

Morning all, ole Jim wasted another nice day yesterday, still looking for that go gear. Carl stopped by for awhile yesterday afternoon. Need a coffee refill, have a safe one.

Good morning fella's.

You, my friend, are an early riser.

Morning all! Nancy is at the dentist, and Emerson is waking up making little happy noises. I plan to have him outside with me while I work today.

I have a question: Would you guys be willing to advise me on how much I should ask for my 361? It's like new, it stihl has the paint dot on the muffler and the little sticker on the front, maybe 2 tanks through it. It comes with box, new 20" Rollo E bar, 5 new full chisel Stihl chains, as well as the manuals and tool kit. I'm not good at selling saws really. I have been telling Nancy I'd sell some saws for quite a while, and I need to start acting more like a man of my word. I have an 026 and an 044, so this saw is not one I've used, though I like it just fine. The AV is nice on it, I'll admit. I never modded the muffler or anything. Only Stihl Ultra oil and non-alcohol 91 octane have been used in it. I'm not really anal..... just when it comes to the exalted orange and white

Also, I have hatched the idea of eventually finding an 076 monster boy saw.....:blob2:

Jim: Do you have the Poulan spline tool carb. adjuster? Link to one that will work?

Won't need it till early next week.

Dan left a weed wacker here yesterday that has a two throat carb. on it and has two sizes of jet screw splines. Can't move 'em with nothin'. Maybe glued in place?

This is a prime example why I only do chainsaws. A pump sprayer with Round-Up will get the same job done for longer. And, take up less space in the garage.

Jim: Do you have the Poulan spline tool carb. adjuster? Link to one that will work?

Won't need it till early next week.

Dan left a weed wacker here yesterday that has a two throat carb. on it and has two sizes of jet screw splines. Can't move 'em with nothin'. Maybe glued in place?

This is a prime example why I only do chainsaws. A pump sprayer with Round-Up will get the same job done for longer. And, take up less space in the garage.
I have two, one in the tool box and one in the house, you are welcome to use one anytime.

You, my friend, are an early riser.

Morning all! Nancy is at the dentist, and Emerson is waking up making little happy noises. I plan to have him outside with me while I work today.

I have a question: Would you guys be willing to advise me on how much I should ask for my 361? It's like new, it stihl has the paint dot on the muffler and the little sticker on the front, maybe 2 tanks through it. It comes with box, new 20" Rollo E bar, 5 new full chisel Stihl chains, as well as the manuals and tool kit. I'm not good at selling saws really. I have been telling Nancy I'd sell some saws for quite a while, and I need to start acting more like a man of my word. I have an 026 and an 044, so this saw is not one I've used, though I like it just fine. The AV is nice on it, I'll admit. I never modded the muffler or anything. Only Stihl Ultra oil and non-alcohol 91 octane have been used in it. I'm not really anal..... just when it comes to the exalted orange and white

Also, I have hatched the idea of eventually finding an 076 monster boy saw.....:blob2:
Price on one like that should start around $500 and go from there..
It's essentially new...

You got rid of the hi-boy??
Yeah, I know. In one aspect it was hard to do because it was a part of your history. A lot of soul searching went into making the decision. But every time I used it, it ate me alive on fuel. This Bronco gives me a stronger connection to my youngest son, Christopher. He has an '87 he is getting ready to put a 4.0 turbocharged into. So we have our own father/son projects that he wants to take to the local car show.

Yeah, I know. In one aspect it was hard to do because it was a part of your history. A lot of soul searching went into making the decision. But every time I used it, it ate me alive on fuel. This Bronco gives me a stronger connection to my youngest son, Christopher. He has an '87 he is getting ready to put a 4.0 turbocharged into. So we have our own father/son projects that he wants to take to the local car show.
Don't let me hold ya back... That bronco is cool...
Just text me the # of the guy you swapped with!!
:laugh::laugh:

Price on one like that should start around $500 and go from there..
It's essentially new...

That's what I thought. I was hoping for a bit more with the 5 chains. Those are twenty bucks apiece. I'd rather sell it to someone who knows someone I know, rather than deal with the uncertainty of a stranger. Anyone know someone partial to 361s?
I'll get some pics up soon. Always like pics of saws.

Does it have the 9 inch Ford rear end? Those are nice and stout. The motor sounds like a lot of fun to be had ripping through the countryside.
The diff's are stock Bronco II, which can handle the 5.0 fine. Where you run into problems is with the stock transmissions. 5.0 will destroy a stock tranny in a heartbeat. Easiest conversion is a C-4 automatic with a C-5 tail housing that bolts right up to stock transfer case. Some Broncos used a Cardone type joint, these have to replaced with cross and roller type (regular u-joints). This rig runs and drives, but it does need work to be an everyday driver. Needs a complete exhaust and oxygen sensors and has some computer wiring problems. Not a problem for me. What I liked was all the engine, transmission and lift kit stuff was already done and done well. Needs some body work, but nothing that will keep it from being driven. The interior is unbelievable, looks like its brand new. Never been used. The transmission has a shift kit, too.

Latest posts

Back