Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning all!!! I've got a feww loops of .063-.325 to sharpen for a neighbor/friend and then it's time to go pick up some Scottish Highland Cattle that the Boss, S.I.L. & B.I.L. and I are buying... It will be nice to be raising our own lean beef. They sure are woolly, docile boogers. Kinda like big dogs with horns. Pics later.
I have a friend who raises Scottish Highlands. I bought 4 rib eyes and a dozen burgers from him last year. Not real sure how I feel about the steaks. I probably need to eat more of them, but they sure don't taste like regular cow to me. The burgers are fine, but folks tend to dress burgers up a bit more than steaks. I'm not going to give up on them yet.

Yep. Tangy is a good word to describe it. I just salt and peppered them and cooked them in butter in cast iron on the stove. I was warned that I needed to go easy on'em, but I probably over did it. I still have two of the rib eyes left.

caught my limit, it was cold, it was 34 deg. when i quit
i had fun hanging out with myself... ill be glad for a boat and warmer weather.
i walked about a half mile threw deer trails and such and found a guy that looked like the banjo
boy from deliverance fishing where i wanted to fish.. so i fished somewhere else all good :)

I picked it up last week. It was on there 2 days. I figured you might have been out of town. It runs like new. Made me realize I need to go through my other 2051.

Yep. Tangy is a good word to describe it. I just salt and peppered them and cooked them in butter in cast iron on the stove. I was warned that I needed to go easy on'em, but I probably over did it. I still have two of the rib eyes left.
Next time try searing them quickly and then lower heat for about 5min on each side. Also a bit of either lemon juice or orange juice for about 3-5 hrs before hand will do wonders.

Good day today!
4ba10b840db2329ab2bb7415272cbd56.jpg

Ready for tomorrow!
d9dd6d0e65c243a2c591e53676915078.jpg

And what wood is this? I want to mill it...... Its kinda soft, real pretty, and can split with an Axe. Not stringy...
bfc775e224a05395b45861d21cf1e76e.jpg
037c75269d7bab41ddecff9c1a37f5b8.jpg

Does it have a kinda spicy smell to it? Looks a little like Sassafras, but they usually grow in groups and stay fairly small. The bark really does look like Walnut.

Latest posts

Back