Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Craigslist ad scored me another ms260 tonight. 260 Pro, really nice cosmetically (still has the bar code sticker on the front) with bar and a good chain, but pretty gritty when the cord is pulled. Haven't had time to pull the muffler yet.

My Craigslist ad scored me another ms260 tonight. 260 Pro, really nice cosmetically (still has the bar code sticker on the front) with bar and a good chain, but pretty gritty when the cord is pulled. Haven't had time to pull the muffler yet.
I've got a 260 pro, too. Love that thing.

Well guys. Got some good news and got some bad news.
I had my SEZA completely together except for the starter. Went to spin the flywheel so I could set the gap. It wouldn't turn. Locked up tight. Pulled the coil and the flywheel and try spinning by hand using the cotter key to push against. It spins. Wth! Get to playing with it and it appears the boss around the crank and seal that the flywheel rides on is buggered up. If I lift the flywheel to clear it it turns. Otherwise it hangs up. Dam!
New seals, new rings, totally cleaned up, new coil. I do have another carcass I can use but frankly I'm not sure I wanna fool with it any more
Now the good news. I found the bar plates I had cleaned up and set on my bench
Maybe I should organize my bench again. Ya think?
Thanks all for attempting to help a fella anyways. Greatly appreciated

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Carl, I'll mill out the spline and make a square reducer!
happy b day Mike :)

on another note.... i got a 100" roll of 3/8 .050 full chisel carlton chain :) got a little bit of .063 gauge too
i figured it was good to have on hand. I got some LP 3/8 .050 gauge last week. got a guy at work that might get
some other rolls of chain (we might do half and half) . i want to have pretty much everything to serve the the locals.
still got a long way to go

A little TBT Lebanon 2010

026e0d340f3018414c4e154e7468790c.jpg

a51597b5f09fc113cbf37d4e24f67e61.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Pulled the muffler from the 260 Pro that I brought home last night. Very light scoring on the piston and appeared to have straight gas in the tank. Put in some tru fuel and it popped on full choke and then started on the next pull. Won't stay running after a blip of the throttle. Ran the bottom carb screw all the way in (three turns or so) and then a full turn out and it ran on its own. Probably needs a better tune than I can give it, but it seems like it's a runner. I'm pretty stoked about that. (Happy Dance)

Pulled the muffler from the 260 Pro that I brought home last night. Very light scoring on the piston and appeared to have straight gas in the tank. Put in some tru fuel and it popped on full choke and then started on the next pull. Won't stay running after a blip of the throttle. Ran the bottom carb screw all the way in (three turns or so) and then a full turn out and it ran on its own. Probably needs a better tune than I can give it, but it seems like it's a runner. I'm pretty stoked about that. (Happy Dance)
I wouldn't run it, before pulling the jug and checking it out good. Might toast a good jug that could otherwise be cleaned up?

I was just sitting here wondering if I should go ahead and tear it down. Even though it seems to run ok, it still feels a little gritty when I pull the starter. Probably a good idea to pull it apart.

Back