Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Folks!

No rain in the forecast until Saturday for us. Thank God!!! I was finally able to get the grass mowed for the first time Sunday when I got back from Oakfest.

This spring has been epic wet here.
No row crops have been planted except
a little corn two or three weeks before
easter. We had rain at least once a day for six days a week for well over a month.
after today no rain for the remainder of the week.

I should know better but I thought I had it tight enuff.

Second time I have encountered this:
View attachment 421418

Bosch plug both times. Center electrode loose.

Not buying Bosch in the future.
Wow I never would've expected that! Now I had a champion that I blew the electrode complete out of on my 346xp one time, but then again, that didn't surprise me much lol!

Came home today to find a box on the front porch. With my name on it. ??????
Brought it inside, opened it up. An old Homelite EZ. (The original EZ). Now I remember! About 1 1/2 years ago, I was trading some saws with a young member. He sent me an old Homelite (don't remember what it was, I think it got traded away at Matt's last November.) I sent him a couple of parts carcasses and kept waiting for the other saw. Enough time went by and I decided he forgot about the deal or something.
I guess he didn't forget, cause I've got it now. Ill see about pics a little later.

I've got two smaller Homies and two Smaller pull-ons that I will be trying to figure out and find new homes for if anyone wants one. I have nothing in them right now, so if you do, cover the shipping and they're yours. I'll try to put up some pics later.

I wish I could have contributed to that effort and then been able to see that in person... I bet that made Jim's day and probably made him a bit sad too, if I know his personality at all.
I talked to him last night. Said he didn't know whether to b--ch or cry. :laugh: I said a LOT of folks respect him and like (and care about ) him. Jim has done his duty for king and country. I've sat and talked with him at gtg's and on the phone at home. In my book, a set of tires is a small price to pay for the friendship he has given.

Just before we left the direct tv guy said we had to cut two oaks down one not so big.View attachment 421310The other is three foot in diameter solid and straight for 40 feet, we used the old Clinton on it.View attachment 421311if anyone wants the log it is free, I will post picks when we get home Monday.
That's sweet! That's nice your wife supports your hobby lol
Did you get that xl-12 done you ported?

I talked to him last night. Said he didn't know whether to b--ch or cry. :laugh: I said a LOT of folks respect him and like (and care about ) him. Jim has done his duty for king and country. I've sat and talked with him at gtg's and on the phone at home. In my book, a set of tires is a small price to pay for the friendship he has given.
VERY well put. That right there was the inspiration to do what we did. And to the donors I thank you!

Latest posts

Back