Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loggers relay team?

4 or 5 men/women (1 person can do 2 events). $200 entry fee. All equipment provided for chop and crosscut, no personal equipment allowed. You can use your own chainsaw. Must have PPE. Here is the condensed version:

1. Chainsaw Speed cut: down, up, down in 7" x 9" cant within marked area....easy peasy
2. Log Walk/Standing chop: carry fuel container, oil container, and measuring stick while balancing across a log, then chop 5 inch pine log secured in stand.
3. Two-person log roll: 2 contestants roll a log 40 feet using cant hooks only
4. 2-person crosscut saw cut: one cut in 7" x 9" cant

I looked at videos on youtube. The teams I saw were pretty bad. If the videos are indicative of the competition we will not come in last.

Morning midlanders!

Jim reported he arrived safe back in Halls late Sunday. He missed the turn off from 69 to 435 and took the scenic route to 35 & up 29. Needs a navigator to watch the highway signs, he does.

Also: BOLO for air filter cover and clutch cover for 032. This one will be a keeper.

Hard to believe I know but it has a certain stylish charm for a creamsicle.

View attachment 450594
I am ready for their oak ties...
Just got done with this one..
72dl Alan..

I have never used square grind; doesn't that shallow filing angle cause the chain to bind up more in a cut? Regardless of the sharpness, that looks like it would stall the chain in hardwood. I guess it all depends on the depth gauges.

How low are you setting the depth gauges for hardwood?

Morning all! I'm going to visit a pair of friends who run a Grasshopper and Dolmar shop and get the timing retarded a bit on the 9010. I get that set and it should be neck and neck with Matt's.

Cutter looks amazing. But it looks like you almost filed through the tie strap. Will it hold under the torque of the 064?
File never even got close to the straps..
That was from when it was originally ground..
As for durability, it'll be fine..
These chains are supposed to be smooth and sharp, not low raker plow shares..

Latest posts

Back