Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used square grind; doesn't that shallow filing angle cause the chain to bind up more in a cut? Regardless of the sharpness, that looks like it would stall the chain in hardwood. I guess it all depends on the depth gauges.

How low are you setting the depth gauges for hardwood?
.019 currently..
Set as needed for the saw being used.

Ahhh! I see. Insanely sharp, but only cutting a sliver at a time. That probably wouldn't work too well cutting up dirty logs for living.

How do you measure .019"? I have only seen guages for .020" & .030"
I have to use "The Force".. Or a feeler gauge..
Lol...
Steel is harder than wood, so as long as the wood is clean ish, they last a surprisingly long time.
Absolutely purpose built, for saws with a higher than average chain speed.
Object is to be ultra smooth/positive feed/remove as much material with least amount of power as possible.

Nice chain Matt! It ought to work real good in them hard Oak cants at the Timberworks. I am going Friday and Saturday, hope to be able to compete in some of the stock appearing classes, will have to see what the competition looks like!

Nice chain Matt! It ought to work real good in them hard Oak cants at the Timberworks. I am going Friday and Saturday, hope to be able to compete in some of the stock appearing classes, will have to see what the competition looks like!
I may go too..
Text me a pic of the classes and times..
Maybe Thomas can get us a team entered.

Yeah, kind of slow.
Finally got Mama's truck set up to pull the camper. I put a frame mount hitch on it a couple of months ago and pulled the camper home with it. Was impressed with it's pulling power, given that it's a 4.2 v-6 5 speed. After the camper came home I searched for a plug n play trailer harness for it. Finally found one for $80 from O'Reilly. Asked around, a lot, about brake controllers and settled on a Prodigy P3. Shopped around, everybody local wanted $200 plus plug n play adaptor ($15). Wound up getting one from Amazon, $139 with adaptor, shipped. Installed needed relays in the fuse box and we're ready to go. Going out Sunday with the whole rig to get the trailer brakes set up.

Truth..
Yet here I am...
Got home too late to test the fresh chain. A couple of the saws are still on the flatbed..
Never moved em.
Lol.
I'm back from church,
Got a new chain customer tonight, hope to get better sighns made
A lot of people around here will pay to have mower blades
Sharpened as well as their chains.......

Back