Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished stacking 2 fresh cords of Hedge today,... I almost forgot how heavy hedge is courtesy of it's density,... Next up, Whiskey and Coke and a movie. Either Rio Bravo, El Dorado, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon or McClintock... Choices!

If you run across a real clean 25 + inch hedge log, let me know... Wendell needs one... I found one, but I don't know if it's solid or cracked yet...

Finished stacking 2 fresh cords of Hedge today,... I almost forgot how heavy hedge is courtesy of it's density,... Next up, Whiskey and Coke and a movie. Either Rio Bravo, El Dorado, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon or McClintock... Choices!

I love all of them I'm glad to see someone else Has fine taste. In movies as well as refreshments.

If you run across a real clean 25 + inch hedge log, let me know... Wendell needs one... I found one, but I don't know if it's solid or cracked yet...

Will do. I know where there are a couple of 25-25" monsters, but the access is a PITA. Otherwise they would have been firewood a long time ago. I'll see what I can do. If I had a semi I know where there's a black walnut that's a solid 28"+ for about 26' un-interrupted. It's huge. I'd like to find a saw mill to sell it to, cause it would be a shame to burn it and it would have to have some amazing figure to it.

i guess my cans of whoopass set on the shelf to long and went bad ill order some more and bring it next time
had a great time today thanks guys
Plumb, your saws were strong, specially that ugly one! :msp_scared:

Yer saws done fine. It's just that lil 45cc screemin meemee that needs to be checked out fer a NOS bottle stuck sumwhere.:msp_scared: That thing was handin out the cans of whoopass:rock:
Nasty lil bugger ain't it? :laugh:

Can you tell us what model it is? Or is that double dog top secret???:msp_confused:

A Special 365...and Stump Broke...and very nasty! :D

Will do. I know where there are a couple of 25-25" monsters, but the access is a PITA. Otherwise they would have been firewood a long time ago. I'll see what I can do. If I had a semi I know where there's a black walnut that's a solid 28"+ for about 26' un-interrupted. It's huge. I'd like to find a saw mill to sell it to, cause it would be a shame to burn it and it would have to have some amazing figure to it.

I got a couple 30" solids I could get if I have to... But if they ain't leanin' into the field, I let em' slide... Kinda an un-written rule around here... :msp_sneaky:

I got a couple 30" solids I could get if I have to... But if they ain't leanin' into the field, I let em' slide... Kinda an un-written rule around here... :msp_sneaky:

C'mon stump... I know you have a book somewhere... Is that pos I just got done assembling a 33 or 40 cc machine? Cause I ain't got a clue...

Man! All of these hot rod saws that Stumpy and you guys are pumping out is amazing.:msp_scared:

I've got a feeling that I'm going to feel like the benchwarmer watching the jocks play.:chainsaw::hmm3grin2orange:
Can't wait to see all of them perform. The sawdust pile is going to look like a sawmill set up shop at Dan's.

Man! All of these hot rod saws that Stumpy and you guys are pumping out is amazing.:msp_scared:

I've got a feeling that I'm going to feel like the benchwarmer watching the jocks play.:chainsaw::hmm3grin2orange:
Can't wait to see all of them perform. The sawdust pile is going to look like a sawmill set up shop at Dan's.

Don't worry... The killer bee was so weak in stock form, it took porting and a pop up just to get it to what I'd call reasonable stock performance... It really is a sorry little saw... It's just useable now... :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey stump? I just got done making one operable saw out of two non runners. I put a 33 cc poulan cylinder and piston on a craftsman 40 cc crank and base... The pistons were both 41mm and the stroke the same... Who's lying??? The poulan model was 3314... They were an identical plug and play.... Somebody's lyin'...

Both are "lying", but to your benefit. If the ID stickers are still on both saws they will both say "Displacement: 42cc". Even though they are advertised as 33cc and 40cc.

Hey stump? I just got done making one operable saw out of two non runners. I put a 33 cc poulan cylinder and piston on a craftsman 40 cc crank and base... The pistons were both 41mm and the stroke the same... Who's lying??? The poulan model was 3314... They were an identical plug and play.... Somebody's lyin'...

I just checked my IPL's fer poulan. The 3314 has the same P&C as the 4018 wildthing (40cc crapsman). Not sure of the actual displacement without knowing the stroke or actual cc's.

I just checked my IPL's fer poulan. The 3314 has the same P&C as the 4018 wildthing (40cc crapsman). Not sure of the actual displacement without knowing the stroke or actual cc's.

Wasn't sure what to do with the transfers on that thing... Made of some sort of plastic material, and you can pull em' out of the jug... Weird... So they got sharpened...
:waaaht:

And did some welding on the piston...:msp_rolleyes:

Lots of things hanging these days. Mostly my arms. Logging like a crazy man. Trying to save up enough to make the GTG. Love the weather.:biggrin:

Sweet, I hope you make it. Won't be the same without you there:msp_wub:
We're just sittin behind the one way mirror, waiting to see what happens....:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry ya'll had to see that:msp_scared:

Back