Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea but the 65cc will be the saw to beat in that race. :rock:

Probably... Just not sure how many cc's could be given up and still run with them...:msp_confused:
We know 65 is the top limit, but they will be running 16" bars with any round filed chain you want to hang on em'... Suggestions??? Need a saw that runs like a 346, but with ~ 10-15 more cc's... I think once you get down to 60cc, you're out of the running... But maybe I'm wrong there...

I'm not a pro but the 361/362 are 59cc and wont get it. The 036 is 61cc and thats close but if it was me wanting to enter, I git as close to the max cc as I could get. I might go over to acres and see what can get close to 65cc. :rock:

I think this would fill the bill if played with a tad 65CC 12500 rpm stock Poulan 405 Made in Nashville Arkansas it says? I just don't know if they are hard to find or not.

Link

Just build one to play with and send it back... That's what I did with the 039... It didn't win, but it WAS SEXY!!!
:sexy_girl:

i've got an Olympyk 264 - 61cc and a Poulan PP375 - 61cc if you've any interest. both are runners. don't recall regarding any scoring but the way they run i wouldn't think much, if any. stephen may recall the 264 from his gtg, or not.
plus, got a Oly 264 in a box. looks like p&c can be used-some scoring. unfortunately muffler bolt broke off and some idiot drilled the ezout hole crooked (me) so it been sitting for a while.

i've got an Olympyk 264 - 61cc and a Poulan PP375 - 61cc if you've any interest. both are runners. don't recall regarding any scoring but the way they run i wouldn't think much, if any. stephen may recall the 264 from his gtg, or not.
plus, got a Oly 264 in a box. looks like p&c can be used-some scoring. unfortunately muffler bolt broke off and some idiot drilled the ezout hole crooked (me) so it been sitting for a while.

Got any Pics of that 375? That saw might do.

I think this would fill the bill if played with a tad 65CC 12500 rpm stock Poulan 405 Made in Nashville Arkansas it says? I just don't know if they are hard to find or not.

Link

405 dates back to the Pioneer P40 (Farmsaw was similar with cheaper recoil and other parts). They're strong, but probably not real fast. Maybe running a 9 pin sprocket to make use of the torque of the reed valve motor?

405 dates back to the Pioneer P40 (Farmsaw was similar with cheaper recoil and other parts). They're strong, but probably not real fast. Maybe running a 9 pin sprocket to make use of the torque of the reed valve motor?

That takes care of that Matt don't like reed motors, If I remember right. :hmm3grin2orange:

Now I'm hunting one. :hmm3grin2orange: We got to stop talking saws.

Link

Unfortunately, it's a reed valve motor... And closer to 85cc if the bore and stroke dimensions are accurate...
Someone may want to let acres site know...
:big_smile:

Jerry? I got just the saw for you... I'll bring it down to AR this fall... I found it in my truck last week...
And the Crafty 3.7 showdown is back on!!!
:rock:

The 264 needs a serious look. I know that mine has the traditional Olympyk compression.

Latest posts

Back