Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did any of you guys that went to Kentucky get to run rms61moparman's 372 husky? I ran it at the Ia. gtg and that saw RIPS. I hope he makes it to the fall gtg,he would fit right in.

Did any of you guys that went to Kentucky get to run rms61moparman's 372 husky? I ran it at the Ia. gtg and that saw RIPS. I hope he makes it to the fall gtg,he would fit right in.

Sure did Jim... Yes... It's a dandy... Andre did a fine job on it...:rock:

I have a 1950 john deere B with a buzz saw on the front. My dad bought it at an auction when I was around 8-9 years old. I got to drive it home from the auction, about 5 miles or so. It sat for about 10 years and I just got it up and running good last summer. Fun old tractor.

That would be a fun saw to take to the woods. :cool2:

I have a 1950 john deere B with a buzz saw on the front. My dad bought it at an auction when I was around 8-9 years old. I got to drive it home from the auction, about 5 miles or so. It sat for about 10 years and I just got it up and running good last summer. Fun old tractor.

Does it look like this?

work.1753947.3.gc,441x415,w,ffffff.jpg

Don't make me bring the M Farmall up to the Dodgegeek GTG this fall for some buzz saw racing!

(Pics to come later, can't find a good one handy, and I gotta hook on to the splitter in a bit anyhow)

Gimme a 7.3, married to an Allison transmission, on an antique Dodge body. :feel_good:

I'd rather go with a '76-'87 Chevy 1-ton 4x4, with a 6bt Cummins (w/the p7100 pump), 6spd stick and the gear-drive BW transfer case. Oh screw it, I really want an M35a3 (with a stick),...:bowdown:

This one looks like a Massey Harris...

That looks like death waiting to happen,... I would love to have a buzz saw, but I do like the English idea of having a blade guard to help prevent inadvertent contact with one's appendages... And stuff... Fingers are handy to enjoy BACON with!!!!!

Don't make me bring the M Farmall up to the Dodgegeek GTG this fall for some buzz saw racing!

(Pics to come later, can't find a good one handy, and I gotta hook on to the splitter in a bit anyhow)

This is a bad evening pic I know, but it's Levi putting the socks on the old R's intake and exhaust.
I used to pull it in the 8xxx and the 10xxx pound classes... It qualify's as "stock"...
:msp_sneaky:

attachment.php

A word on truck bed fabrication. Fuel tank necks are slightly harder to get right than they appear to be. Sometimes they vapor lock and won't fill very fast.

Just saying. :)

Here is my 1950 B. Runs like a champ. When you are using the saw you had better keep both eyes wide open, on one side you have the deadly saw blade and the other you have the drive belt flopping. NO guards anywhere. Not quite OSHA approved. We cut alot with it when I was a kid. My dad would accumulate a big pile of stick wood then we would cut it up. We also used the buzz saw on my grandpas 1951 ford 8n. It seemed a little safer, with a blade guard and a nice working table that would hinge in to the blade. I dont use the old saw now days, mostly because I would rather use a chainsaw. Chainsaws are cool.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back