Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there water/elec/sewer hookups for trailers there? If so I may bring a trailer and stay longer this time...

I believe there are full hook ups at the fairgrounds. I took my trailer, but I just had electric. They did provide water to fill my fresh water tank so we could use the bathroom. I was good with only electric. The full hook ups are farther away from our location (the other side of the fairgrounds) if that is what you want. There are showers on site also. There are RV parks in Ft. Scott also with full amenities.

I believe there are full hook ups at the fairgrounds. I took my trailer, but I just had electric. They did provide water to fill my fresh water tank so we could use the bathroom. I was good with only electric. The full hook ups are farther away from our location (the other side of the fairgrounds) if that is what you want. There are showers on site also. There are RV parks in Ft. Scott also with full amenities.

I'd have to see what the park layout is and go from there. As long as there was somewhere to dump (if I didn't have live connection) I'd be good. Electricity and water would be the big things... I'm getting spoiled in my young old age - I still like roughing it, but when there are other things going on (lake trips, saws, etc) a few amenities and HVAC are VERY welcome perks worth spending a few $$$ on.

Oh, I'll participate.. I could even furnish a whole team..
Dibz on Levi and future son in law!!

I will supply a good axe. I will look into a decent crosscut also. You need to build a stand to hold the wood posts for the axe chop. They need to be very heavy to be stable. I think the bases were 2" thick steel plate, 3' by 3'. You also need to provide the poles, preferably soft wood, 6" diameter. We could probably use cants.

What is this about "future son-in-law"?

Well I finely did it I quit my part time job,I worked there just short of 13 years.Worked every Saturday except a couple when I went to Matts for GTG.Now hopefully I can get in on some charity cuts .Spring river really messed up the roads around here.Big places 30 or 40 feet just washed the blacktop away.I have a cross cut saw that the teeth are only a quarter inch or so,I have seen a lot of them but never one so worn.

Oh, I do have a 2-man cross-cut saw (which I need to clean up and learn how to set and sharpen teeth on)... Just sayin...

Well I finely did it I quit my part time job,I worked there just short of 13 years.Worked every Saturday except a couple when I went to Matts for GTG.Now hopefully I can get in on some charity cuts .Spring river really messed up the roads around here.Big places 30 or 40 feet just washed the blacktop away.I have a cross cut saw that the teeth are only a quarter inch or so,I have seen a lot of them but never one so worn.

I've got an antique Buller saw set for crosscut saws. Does 3 different sizes of teeth.

Sent from my SM-N910V

You like the boy?

Good Morning friends. Took today off. Going to cut up and load a hackberry today as soon as my tree service gets it on the ground. The had all the limbs off yesterday and I helped them haul it off.
Yup.. Hannah has known him since she was 3..
Both want to be cattle barons...
Lol.

Morning everybody! Gonna eventually get around and start doing something productive. Just getting through the first cup of coffee. I got a pump running last night I need to test out. It has a 2" inlet, so I gotta find hoses to fit that. I got the ported 026 back together. I robbed parts off it to fix my dad's saw. I might even get a chance to look through a box-o0361 parts to see if I can put one together. Always a project that needs attention.

Afternoon folks. Stopped by a local pawn shop and snagged a dirty, but good running MS260 Pro today for $130. Like I needed another 50cc Stihl. :laugh:

Might just clean it up and throw it on CL and see if I can sell it for $200

250, U R too cheap!

Any of you interested in Pioneer P-41 w/24"? It has a NOS bar on him.

IMG_0172.JPG

Grabbed one of these while I was in town today also. A little pricey, but not as pricey as the Timberline, and that thing is starting to get on my nerves. Only thing is, apparently you have to buy two tools. One for 3/8, and one for .325

Back