Old 575 Husqvarna's really all that bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold one 3 years ago based on the bad reports I read here. That and Amicks were still selling 7900's through the net. I got my money back on that 575 on E-bay. I liked that saw allot. I would say it ran allot better than my 2065 J-Red, and was closer to the 7900 than people would think.

I sometimes put a watch on 575's and they always sell for a good price, so yes they do have a following

My 575 is on the job in this hot weather. Running good!

I have run that saw and I'm quite impressed with it:rock: The 575 doesn't compare with the 372 at all in my opinion, other then being 70ish cc saws they are different saws with different personalities

Last edited:
I have run that saw and I'm quite impressed with it:rock: The 575 doesn't compare with the 372 at all in my opinion, other then being 4-5ccs apart they are different saws with different personalities

Would you say it was pretty noticably different? Im lookin at a 575 and have a 372 but if its not that big of an improvement I dont wanna waste my money.

Would you say it was pretty noticably different? Im lookin at a 575 and have a 372 but if its not that big of an improvement I dont wanna waste my money.

I wouldn't say one saw really comes out ahead, just different. The 575 has thicker handles, better torque and feels smoother. The 372 is a touch lighter(I think the handle thickness makes the 575 seem heavier), slimmer, more agile and snappier. I don't think you can go wrong with either and you would save fuel with the 575.

btw I edited my OP as they're 3ccs apart

Last edited:
When a saw gets a bad rep here on the site, it's the kiss of death. And it's almost always exagerated beyond reason. Same goes for the favorites here, which tend to be way overated. The bad ones aren't that bad, and the good ones aren't that good! :cheers:

Early 575's had the lower end issue, and were kind of doggy on warm up, and in cold weather until the carb change. Other than that, it's a fine saw. Even better now with the redesign that has resulted in the 576AT. Yes, it weighs more than a 372, but the 576AT is a far more advanced saw, is way smoother, and will outcut a 372 all day long. But............that power edge is not so great that guys are ready to leave their familiar, if not perfect feeling 372 in the truck and run the 576. It does seem that bigger guys who are less sensitive to the weight are more inclined to move to the 576. But, there are some people who move to the 576 because it's lighter. Guys that have been running 288's, 385/390's over the years with 24" bars looking for something a little lighter are very happy with the 576, which balances well with a 24. (No, I'm not comparing the 576 to a 288; I haven't lost my mind guys!)

Like any saw with issues, the early 575's need to be viewed in the proper context. Those lower end failures occured at a higher than acceptable rate, but that does not mean that it's only a matter of time before they all fail. There are still plenty of them out there working hard. I still see them come into the shop for maintenance with 05 serial numbers. The later 575's had the bugs worked out, and there's no reason to be wary of them at all.

The bugs were supposedly all worked out of the 335's too, but that doesnt mean I will ever even think about owning one of there top handle saws (POS)....:dizzy:

Husky has a history of rushing things to the market that were/are not ready....:givebeer:

they made their beds....:clap::clap:

The bugs were supposedly all worked out of the 335's too, but that doesnt mean I will ever even think about owning one of there top handle saws (POS)....:dizzy:

Yeah, I absolutely hate the 335. Every time I see one of those things come in the shop I just grown. Working the bugs out of those things is like a doctor working on a corpse. Waste of time.

I am sure they had, but why bother with them, when the 576xp exist? :)

:agree2: There shouldn't be any new ones out in the field anyway, and even you found one, the 576 is a much smarter choice. My comment was for guys who may own one, or come across a good price on a used one.

Husky has a history of rushing things to the market that were/are not ready....:givebeer:

they made their beds....:clap::clap:

The bugs were not worked out of that design before several years after the 335 was history!

Latest posts

Back