Old Logging Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray and Bigmac, you guys have posted some of the most awesome pictures I have ever seen, a few I have seen before but most i never have. This is a part of my family's heritage, my paternal grand-dad was a hand logger in the early 30's north of the Sunshine Coast, SE of the Queen Charlottes on the mainland, and my pop was on the end of a whip-saw before he was in school. I cannot even start to tell you how much I have appreciated both your efforts to dig out and post these most fantastic pictures of logging history. One of my very good mates and me have been sitting here for the last couple of hours in amazement, drinking & drooling, laughing & oooo-awwwin', that so few really know so little about what the 'iron men' went through to carve (literally) out this nick of the woods, thankyou both so very much! Simply frikken' awesome m8's!!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Keep 'em comin' eh! My dad still has some pics of their old float camp in Allison harbor, falling pics etc etc., and he is still sane enough ta dig them out, I am persisting for them and will scan and post them when I can, won't be near as incredible as some of the other archive stuff that you gentlemen have found, not even close. Many kudos!

:cheers:

Serge

:cheers:

Great pictures ray! Seeing these just reminds me of the stories i use to hear from my great grandfather years ago about logging chestnuts here and Western North Carolina. I don't think any of us could do the job these guys did day in and day out.

wolfking

You guys need to find a book called Kinsey Photograhpher. I almost garuntee 70% of all of the photos you guys posted are in that book by Darius and Miles Kinsey, two brothers from Seattle that drove all over hell and back photographing logging around the turn of the century. Also, Asehal Curtis is another WA photographer that has some books out on his work.

Drag saw.

attachment.php

awesome thread............

chainsaw? we don't need no stinking chainsaw............

I can't imagine having too tackle a 25 foot wide tree with an axe, technology has ruined people these days, I know it sure made me lasy........lol

Latest posts

Back