OLD Mac on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea. it would look like an 80CC engine. I cant say the model number. the air filter cover looks like the 1 series, but the oil tank location suggests otherwise.

Real proud of that one

A tad high,for a 40 yr old saw,but as W C Fields said," a sucker is born every minute" :)

nice try Al, I wouldn't pay that much for it, but it was listed and am curious of the model and age. Even though they WANT 100, doesn't always mean they get it! :p

Of course you wouldn't pay that much,who would.It's most likely,a 1 series saw .My guess,as OS said ,80 cc .The shipping,to here,is about $12 ,too high .

I did his calculation on his other saw to me and it was $30+. That is tight when I just shipped a 32lb from NC to CA for something like $20. Coast to Coast. But I do understand everyone is different.

Curt

I think that some ebay sellers try to make money on shipping. Granted packaging and sending a big saw is expensive,but when somebody is shipping an entire saw with bar and chain for 10 dollars, than somebody shipping a powerhead from the same general area for 50 dollars it starts to make you think!!

that there is a 1-40, guys. the first in the line of the 80cc 1 series saws about 1958 or so, i think. i got a 1-43, couple years later model, with a zillion hours on it and it just rips. when i'm feeling really healthy i take it out and slice up a couple loads of fuelwood just to hear it roar. earmuffs highly recommended.

Mine is surprisingly quiet. I mean for an 80CC saw, its not as loud as I thought it would be.

Finally got an answer on the model! As far as the shipping, my mother and step-father are running a south to south west trip driving truck and would be able to pick up! I was more curious of the age and model! :p

I have a 1-40 here. It is just like most other saws that sit around. If you prime it then it will run but never pick up fuel from the tank. I have never taken the time to pursue it any further. As for price I believe I gave around $5 for it.

Bill

Al,

Most of the Mac's I have ran me around the $5-$10 price. I have one gear drive that was more. I must also clarify that I do not have any of the more desirable Mac saws such as the 125 or 895. I do not try to collect them but I am gaining an interest in Mac's. I would like to find a 99 two man or other 2 man saws.

Bill

oldwild said:
Finally got an answer on the model! As far as the shipping, my mother and step-father are running a south to south west trip driving truck and would be able to pick up! I was more curious of the age and model! :p

Sorry I took this off topic. The guy is shipping UPS and they are high. I shouldnt have even brought this up.

Curt

no prob! Was just wanting input on that old saw! Sometimes the seller knows what they are posting and sometimes not!

started watching Ebag for some of the older saws. Got a Homelite 1130G coming that will be here tomorrow. Got a couple more that I am watching. There are not a whole lot of farm auctions going on right now, so once the weather turns, should be able to get to some and find some more old saws!

Back