old treefarmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricciadam

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought an old treefarmer on ebay, I'm sure some of you saw it. I was wondering if anyone knew what model it is, maybe c4? also does anyone know any good sources for parts for an old machine like that? It looks like a lot of the parts will be easy to get at napa or somthing but I'm kind of concerned about the clutch. Overall it seems to be in good shape though. Thanks

no I don't have any pics unfortunately. Ive left my digital camera in tn. and I'm home in NY. Well by looking at stihlcrazy's picture, I'd say I've definitely got a c4, probably about the same year. What motor does yours have? I was told that I have a Fordson Major. I got the clutch working tonight, and everything else works good. I think on monday I'll skid logs!

I had one with the Deutz aircooled engine. The parts were still available then. I have had clutches that were obsolete, shipped away and relined etc., by my local Napa dealer. Do a google search for used skidder parts. Dont know aboout them but there are some well organised computer linked ussed tractor parts retailers.

Wheres the serial # located? also what size tires are those that are on yours. Thats a pretty good looking machine, I've got little dink tires that are shot.

If it has a Detroit diesel in it keep it full of oil. Just fill it everytime you put fuel in it.

If it has a Detroit diesel in it keep it full of oil. Just fill it everytime you put fuel in it.

now Floyd ; If they run it like it should be run it won't burn much oil. But. it might still find a way out of the engine.
I think Detroit 2 strokes are an intelligent engine. They know motor oil prevents rust and the coat the machine that carries them around out of shear benevolence.

Back