OLD WD40 : Primer for 2 cycle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GASoline71

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
When priming my old Homelites I use an old squirt bottle out of a hair permanent kit with premix in it. Don't remember where i got it... but is has a flip nozzle on it... says "Lady Clairol" on it. LOL :laugh:...

Gary

Last edited:
andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
I use a BIG syringe.. the kind you use when you're giving your dog medicine. They don't last forever, though, if you let them get too dry from non-use, the rubber stopper pops off and gets stuck in the bore. They're a great item until they break though. You just dip the tip in your gas can, draw the plunger back and you're ready to go!

I think my next primer bottle will be a squirt/spray bottle type. .99 cent stores always have them.

heimannm
3in 1

"3 in 1" brand has an aerosol primer conditioner with lubricant in it. It does not work as well a a few pumps with the piston oiler filled with mix on the old Mac's, but it does smell pretty good when the saw pops.

Local lumberyard/hardware store has it on the shelf for local farmers to use getting their stubborn diesels going.

Mark

excess650

excess650

Addicted to ArboristSite
When priming my old Homelites I use an old squirt bottle out of a hair permanent kit with premix in it. Don't remember where i got it... but is has a flip nozzle on it... says "Lady Clairol" on it. LOL :laugh:...

Gary

Well Gary, I didn't know you were that kind of girl.;) Got any pictures of yourself in fishnets?:hmm3grin2orange:

ArboristSite Operative
I have used CYCLO PENETRATING OIL for years on just about every two stroke that I have owned motor cycles snowmobiles chainsaws blowers. Great lubricant smokes quite abit but fires ok.

habanero

habanero

ArboristSite Guru
I use a BIG syringe.. the kind you use when you're giving your dog medicine. They don't last forever, though, if you let them get too dry from non-use, the rubber stopper pops off and gets stuck in the bore. They're a great item until they break though. You just dip the tip in your gas can, draw the plunger back and you're ready to go!

I think my next primer bottle will be a squirt/spray bottle type. .99 cent stores always have them.

You need a ground-glass syringe. The barrel and plunger are ground to match so they seal. Probably somewhat hard to find for someone who doesn't hang out in laboratories, though. But for those of us who do, they're a dime a dozen as they aren't used anymore.

At any rate, this thread is ironic as we just got done analyzing 6 or 7 carb and choke cleaners by GC-mass spec for a customer. The bottles were painted over so we wouldn't know brands, but each one still used propane as the propellant (and all of them were virtually identical in chemical make-up). We looked at WD-40 a while back and as I recall it still did have some propane in it, but not enough to be used as the propellant.

As far as squirt bottles, a good source for them is usplastics. They have almost every type of bottle/cap combination you can think of. Most are quite cheap as well.

Latest posts