Olympyk 264F Deluxe tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwiz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can someone tell me about the tank vent on a 264f deluxe? Is it on the side of the case behind the handle, or does it vent up around the carb? Can I check/clean it or should I just replace it?
Thanks
James

Just recently got the saw and haven't really used it. I made a couple cuts and it seemed to be loading up and not wanting to idle. It would die, or I would shut it off, and then could not get it started very well. If it didn't start right away, it would be flooded. On two occasions when I took the air filter off the reservoir in front of the choke was full of gas.
I talked to the olympyk service guy yesterday and he said the tank was not venting. I never thought to ask him about where or how to check it.
I think the saw was running way too rich when I got it. I leaned the L side some, but wanted to wait till I got a tach for the H side. I have my tach now, but haven't used it yet.
Kevlar, are you the one that had the pile of 264's? I think I already asked you, but do you happen to have a good rewind cover for a 264 or know where I might get one? Dealer had a red one for $36, but I need an orange one. How about an owner's manual or IPL?
Thanks
James

On the 945's its in-line. Its the little silver valve looking thing with a BB in it. Try cleaning it with carb cleaner.

If the saw is flooding it is a carb issue,if the tank is not venting it makes vacuum pulling fuel back from the carb. I'm betting you need a carb kit as your needle and seat are probably leaking.

As for the rewind I don't have a good one the best one I put on my saw and it was rough.I have no ipl and no olympyk dealer as I could use some parts too.

I think there was a recent post where someone gave a dealer number for a dealer in Iowa. I'd give you my dealer's number, but he destroyed two chains friday when sharpening them, so until those are replaced, I will not be refering business there.
I did find my tank vent guys. Thanks
James

Latest posts

Back