Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good otherwise. i'd see if i could unlock it just for grins. better put a starter handle on it first though.

When I get some extra time I might. Also, this one I just got is spelled "Olympic". My other one is spelled "Olympyk". But they look identical (minus the wear and missing parts on this one I just got) Wonder if back then they got bought out or had to change their name due to legal issues or something?

When I get some extra time I might. Also, this one I just got is spelled "Olympic". My other one is spelled "Olympyk". But they look identical (minus the wear and missing parts on this one I just got) Wonder if back then they got bought out or had to change their name due to legal issues or something?

legal issues. they have been olympic, olympyk, olympik and are now oleo-mac and efco

The Olympics (yes, the ones now thankfully over with) sued and won, giving you the Olympyks spelling with the mushroom cloud y's.

I would pull the top cover, if there is no coil you have some donor magnesium for another saw.

If you have a coil you have the most important or rare part for this series of saw.

The Olympics (yes, the ones now thankfully over with) sued and won, giving you the Olympyks spelling with the mushroom cloud y's.

I would pull the top cover, if there is no coil you have some donor magnesium for another saw.

If you have a coil you have the most important or rare part for this series of saw.
I am seriously considering rebuilding it. I have a extra clutch cover for it. I would just need a sprocket. I'm sure I could rig up something for a air filter and cover.

I am seriously considering rebuilding it. I have a extra clutch cover for it. I would just need a sprocket. I'm sure I could rig up something for a air filter and cover.

They are a nice saw. If it has sentimental value, go for it. If its something else, proceed with an open wallet or a patient eye.

They are a nice saw. If it has sentimental value, go for it. If its something else, proceed with an open wallet or a patient eye.

Well if I can unlock it and if that coils there, ill go for it. I just love that particular model of the Olympyk series. Have a great feel, great sound, and great power. Nothing like them.

ChainLightning, meet spambot. The jackwagon you quoted just copied the text of the second post in this thread to look legit. He's been reported, and it should be cleaned up soon. If you edit your post and remove the quote it will make life easier for the mods cleaning up after these guys.

If you're wondering how I know all this, they hit every night, often about the time I'm coming home from work. It gets old, and I can usually smell em a mile off now.

ChainLightning, meet spambot. The jackwagon you quoted just copied the text of the second post in this thread to look legit. He's been reported, and it should be cleaned up soon. If you edit your post and remove the quote it will make life easier for the mods cleaning up after these guys.

If you're wondering how I know all this, they hit every night, often about the time I'm coming home from work. It gets old, and I can usually smell em a mile off now.

Thanks for the heads up. I got rid of my whole post. Sorry about that. I'll be more careful next time.

olympyk 355 AF

olympyk 355 AF

just picked this critter up and she needs a recoil assembly
at verry least a rope spool

how hard are theese to find ?
ive struck out on the net so far

anybody got one

mike

olympyk 355 AF

anybody got one

mike
If you don't have any luck with that recoil, I'll check my IPL"s and get you the parts numbers. I think that saw has the same recoil as the 254's and 251's. I have an IPL for that saw and its just listed as a sidebar on one of the other saws main IPL. I think its just a newer model on the same chasis as an older saw.

olympyk 355 AF

anybody got one

mike

Used is the option here, there is no NOS. And I sold my last spare a month ago.

used is just fine !

ive played with chainsaws in ohio and kentucky and this is the first olympyk ive ever seen in person

so i dont think there are many spares around here

mike

got plenty to trade

whose got my parts and whadaya need ? ? ?

heh heh heh !

Well I'm looking at the IPL for Olympyk 3.0, 3.3 and 3.7 series saws, and I have bad news for you. It looks like the recoil for the 355AF is unique to only the 355 and 350 saw. That doesn't meen a recoil from a 264 or a 254 wouldn't work. They just have a differant part number. I have a 254 recoil on a 264 and it wasn't a direct fit, but it worked with a little tinkering and has for a while. But the parts numbers are all differant.

Another bit of bad news for you is that saw, 355AF, is a rare one. I have only ever seen one other than the one I have. It was on Ebay. Try Chainsawr at to of page. He has parts that aren't listed on his web site.

I got mine on Ebay 4 years ago purely by luck. It was listed wrong, and on a Holliday weekend. It came to me very minty without a bar. I found a NOS Oleo Mac bar for it. I can't put pics on here to show, but it is probably the nicest oddball saw in my collection. Good luck with that.

Never noticed ," The mushroom cloud y's" but was just looking at some Oly literature and those are Y's with leaves on them. Supposed to look like trees would be my guess. I don't think a saw company would want there product having any relationship to an explosion.

well ill check chainswr

i appreciate the info
however i only have ipl's for the olympik 950 super , 945 , 251 b , 254 f and the 240

mike

well ill check chainswr

i appreciate the info
however i only have ipl's for the olympik 950 super , 945 , 251 b , 254 f and the 240

mike

PM me your address and I'll get you a copy of the IPL that I have for the 355. Like I said, its an oddball and the information on the sheet is just a sidebar. I'm assuming the chasis is the same as the 251 and 254. It shares a handle with the 264, and 264F. It shares the top end of 251S and the 254. The recoil seems to be 355 only. Same as the clutch cover.

Give me a week or 2 on that. I'm busy and I'll have to hit a mall to get copies made.

Muddawg, you can get an IPL from Efco. Go here:

Data Sheets | efco Power

You need the 200-300-400-900 series PDF to see the 350/355 IPL. Looking at my copy, the only saws sharing that recoil assy are the Agristar and the 350-355. I've never seen any of the 3 in person though.

3 part numbers shown for the recoil assembly:

266.00008 - A (Assembly?)
355.00118 - R (Repair Kit?)
355.00107 - G (???)

Not real certain what the letters after the part number mean, just guessing. Maybe Jeff or someone else who knows their parts better can enlighten us all. Those Italians can be hard to figure out sometimes.

The IPL gives part numbers for each component, I didn't look, but maybe the individual parts you need will cross to a more common 200 series saw.

The 25x, 26x, and 27x are much easier to find used parts for (except the above mentioned coils, and sometimes air filter covers that aren't cracked all to heck). I might have what you need if you can cross reference.

Latest posts

Back