Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys thats great

THANKS !

I have aquired some ancient mcculloch ipls if interested pm me
although this is the wromg forumn for them

mike

Muddawg, you can get an IPL from Efco. Go here:

Data Sheets | efco Power

You need the 200-300-400-900 series PDF to see the 350/355 IPL. Looking at my copy, the only saws sharing that recoil assy are the Agristar and the 350-355. I've never seen any of the 3 in person though.

3 part numbers shown for the recoil assembly:

266.00008 - A (Assembly?)
355.00118 - R (Repair Kit?)
355.00107 - G (???)

Not real certain what the letters after the part number mean, just guessing. Maybe Jeff or someone else who knows their parts better can enlighten us all. Those Italians can be hard to figure out sometimes.

The IPL gives part numbers for each component, I didn't look, but maybe the individual parts you need will cross to a more common 200 series saw.

The 25x, 26x, and 27x are much easier to find used parts for (except the above mentioned coils, and sometimes air filter covers that aren't cracked all to heck). I might have what you need if you can cross reference.

The A, R, and G are usually only seen on covers or painted parts, so I've always assumed they were different colored parts. Yellow, orange and red were colors used depending on the end brand assembled.

The piece where the rope winds is a common parts between many saws that size, although there are at least three different incarnations of it. The one I had came from a 251 and is now spinning a 264F crank. Then some of the latest of that series used a plastic pulley, which is still available but does not interchange.

Clear as tomato paste, right?

Jeff, with a little help from Google Translate, I believe you've nailed it.

Orange - A (arancione in Italian)
Red - R (rosso)
Yellow - G (giallo)

I found a nice clean Agristar a couple of days ago, it's been on a dealers shelf for the last 5 years, luckily the carb doesn't need any work, being a Dellorto
parts would be hard to find.

rh-5.jpg

lh-3.jpg

"Dellorto" Thats a word I haven't heard since the 90's. I think that was an old Moto Guzzi term.

... first oly. has comp and spark i'll clean it up and see how it goes.

good deal. looks like you've got a homemade sprocket cover.
those are torqy little saws. you may be impressed if its a good runner. let us know how it goes. mine always pop on 3rd pull, start on next. no matter how long they've been sitting.

Last edited:
That clutch cover looks like it was taken from a different saw. My SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) is that it came from a Lombard. Hey.........I just posted in the Olympyk/etc thread. That's a first for me.:D

My latest Oleo Mac is now running (well just) I was missing starter parts and had no spark, a big thanks to Jerry (jerrycmorrow) for his help finding parts.
My coil swap didn't work :msp_sad:, I used a coil from a oly 942, either the spark is too weak or the timing is out.
Back in the box it goes until I find the proper coil.
IMG_5174Custom.jpg

1Custom-8.jpg

I finally have this 350 running, I used the coil from the Agristar , I also used the B/C and the 2 piece top cover ( the one piece type are a PIA to align).
It's now a good strong runner, It has a fair bit more power than the Agristar.. no Dellorto carb is a bonus.

attachment.php

Just traded a guy on here a Pro Mac 10-10s that I rebuild for this. Glad that it arrived today. Can't wait to try it out...to bad it is raining out. View attachment 258727View attachment 258730

I like the modified clutch cover. Good for throwing chips out of the way. Do you know the size of the bore on those saws. I've seen them listed as a 59cc, in the Delux model, and a 62cc. Never really took a good look at them. I know my 264F was a good bit stronger of a runner than the delux. But the Delux I had was never really tuned in that well. Nice looking saws though. I have a 260 with the same modified clutch cover

I like the modified clutch cover. Good for throwing chips out of the way. Do you know the size of the bore on those saws. I've seen them listed as a 59cc, in the Delux model, and a 62cc. Never really took a good look at them. I know my 264F was a good bit stronger of a runner than the delux. But the Delux I had was never really tuned in that well. Nice looking saws though. I have a 260 with the same modified clutch cover

I think that standard 264 is a 59cc, but it is the older orange model. The 264F Deluxe is the newer model made from 1988-97 and is a 61cc.
264 Deluxe Model Profile: 264 DELUXE

Model Profile: 264

264F
Model Profile: 264F

264F Deluxe
Model Profile: 264F DELUXE

I agree, great saws.

My Oleo Mac herd is growing,
A forum member sent me a 233 to use as for parts, the coil was bad and it needed new bar studs.
Luckily a MTD trimmer coil just happened to fit, I replaced the 6mm studs with 8mm ones, It's now a good runner

Thanks "Nardoo"

View attachment 265714View attachment 265715

The next one is 962 that needed a new Piston/cylinder, the Greek has just started selling them..excellent quality too.

View attachment 265723View attachment 265724View attachment 265725

Wayne, If you`re stuck for a coil for the 233, or a 244 the electronic coil from a Homelite small XL super2 et al models fits & works fine depending on the homie model you may have to shorten the HT lead Or a super2 points type coil & Nova chip.

Wayne, If you`re stuck for a coil for the 233, or a 244 the electronic coil from a Homelite small XL super2 et al models fits & works fine depending on the homie model you may have to shorten the HT lead Or a super2 points type coil & Nova chip.

Thanks Al, that's some good info, I have a super 2 with low comp.. I might have a use for the coil one day.

Latest posts

Back