One more tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I walked up in my woods today as it was sunny with a cool breeze early this afternoon. Leaves are changing color and it smells sweet. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a hard maple lurking. Thinking it would be nice to get one more tree on the woodpile, I got the tractor and a saw and back to the woods I go. After it was down and limbed, I chained it to the back of the tractor and drug it down in the field where I proceeded to block it up. Then it hit me, I put the hydraulic splitter away for the winter. Only one thing left to do. I was off to the garage to get the 8 lb. splitter. This brought back memories, most of which reminded me why I bought the hydraulic splitter! Actually I had fun though. 3.5 hours later the wood is on the pile and drying. hand splitting at 50 is different than at 40! :cheers:

I gave thought to buying a splitter last spring and I'm glad I didn't. I just provide firewood for 2 houses total (one is mine). I figure if I can't hand spit that amount of wood it's time to turn in my dude card and start flitting around like richard simmons on valentines day.

PIC_0106.jpg

This is what I did this summer with the hydraulic splitter. That pile is 8 ranks deep and about 65" tall. Didn't measure the length but if you count the pallets I think you'll find somewhere around 16 at 4' each.

PIC_0106.jpg

This is what I did this summer with the hydraulic splitter. That pile is 8 ranks deep and about 65" tall. Didn't measure the length but if you count the pallets I think you'll find somewhere around 16 at 4' each.

is that 8 pallets wide and 16 long that would be over 64 cords of wood if not a little more for being 65"tall if i am figgering right4'by 4'by 8' =1cord
the way i am thinking is for every 2 pallets =1cord of wood

Latest posts

Back