One of my favorite sounding saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trigger-Time

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
I liked a bunch of the saws in this thread.

Here is my 056 MagII the coolest saw I have at idle.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c5a90ac307&photo_id=5266912070" height="300" width="400"></embed>

Sounds good!!..............at first look I couldn't tell why it was setting
so still and not moving around :)

TT

Trigger-Time

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
LOLOL......Hey Valtra, I know you mean well but the one thing I like about most american folks here is that they are very down to earth people and don't need no liberal tutoring or regulations from the government about how they have to operate a saw. I hate to say it, but they are no sissies like most of the europeans when it comes to protecting their rights of personal freedom.

Although you are correct about the knee bending being good for your back, almost 99% of the saw operators I know bent over while cutting a log. If that's how they like it, so be it. it's a free world.

The majority on here does promote the use of PPE, don't worry. But they will not go into full battle dress or wear a harnass to demo a cookie cutting, neither am I.

So put everything in perspective and I am sure you'll be OK.;)

Good Job, Old Boy :)

TT

little possum

little possum

Crash and Burn
I cant hear a word you guys are saying.

I like DA-211 twin Mercs- gotta love that outta water exhaust note from a air cooled engine :)

Ive got a few favorites. 394 comes to mind. And piped saws.

OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
You got an bad working technique, what you are doing are very bad for your back. You must bend in the knees, not the back.

And that is something i see alot here, very bad working techniques. People here is porting, and modding saws, an running the hell out of the saws. Treating them like it wasyour wife or kid.
but it dosent seem like they care about their bodies. I seem like some of dont even got Chainsaw safety pants, or chaps. If you buy chainsaw also buy safety gear, and if doesent can afford it, then can you just forget the hole chainsaw thing.

Dont you got "chainsaw schools" ?

"Chainsaw schools" ? Nope, not that I'm aware of. If it makes ya feel any better, I do own all that "safety" gear you speak of. I even sometimes wear it, when I feel like it.;) But just to cut a couple of cookies to see if the saw will run...I don't.
I been cutting wood a good many years, and my knees will bend when it seems like a good time to. LOL I don't know how its properly done in Norway. Maybe you should post a video for us stupid Americans, so we can see how to properly use a chainsaw! :bowdown:
:cheers:
Gregg,

valtra6350

valtra6350

ArboristSite Lurker
Maybe you should have the norway guy install "Trio brake" on that bad boy. That you you never cut in a bad position again. ROFL

Well,in fact thats an good idea, have any of you tried it ? Our newest 346 got it, and I would have liked to it one the old too.
I aint no expert on using chainsaw either, but my father has worked profesional in the forest,instructor and is now forest teacher. So I am learning a lot from him.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/home Go to 4 minute,and watch, he got and pretty good technique. When he is limbing, the saw is either whiling on the log or at his knee, in your "scale" he also got and pretty short bar, and thats also because of the limbing and safety. Here in Norway 13" bar is most common

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well here it is

Went out and made a quick video since no one else posted a 125.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEm9bkyl-lM?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEm9bkyl-lM?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
WesternSaw

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sweetness for sure!

Boys you are sure posting up some nice sounding saws on this thread.I half expect to look to the side and see some great muscle car of the late 60's or early 70's just waiting for the light to change
Lawrence

Ax-man

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have never had a Poulan. I hate to say this but they do sound good and looks like a very good saw from what I have seen and heard.

I have a camera but don't know how to post up on the tube. I have a J-red 80 that I like to hear along with a 56. Nothing beats the previous genration saws with that throaty idle .

Let's not stop at one saw. I get get bored on winter nights and get five or six going and let them idle on the shop floor and let them wander around and bump into each other.:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard

Those saws sound great Mitch!:cheers:
Thanks for posting those links. I'm partial to the XL12 and that awesome DolMac 166. Was that yours or Mark's? Looks like Mark's garage.

A cool side benefit of watching the XL12 link you posted is that I was able to see the XL100 circular saw video that was listed in the index. Here it is. Very satisfying. I need to get me one of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7MMKloZc4U&feature=related

Also saw the link for your video of Mark running the McCulloch 550 that's now sitting on the shelf in my garage. He's really leaning on that thing, yet it just keeps pulling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keHNlD0uh0g&feature=related

And watching that led me to your video of you running Mark's 797. That beast needs a sharp loop of .404 RC. Nice PPE by the way...:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5rNO7AzpaM&feature=related

That then led me to a McCulloch Super 250 video posted by Matt (TeddyScout). Hope he doesn't mind me putting it here. That Super 250 sounds mean. I love how those Mcculloch flatback carbs 'self blip' at idle. Notice that he's a lefty who actualy runs his saws left handed. I'm also a lefty, but run chainsaws (and other OPE) the 'normal' way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb6d13Nx4sI&feature=BF&list=QL&index=1

Here's Matt's video of his 'other' Super 250. For having some awesome old saws, he sure sounds ho-hum...:hmm3grin2orange:

http://www.youtube.com/user/teddyscout1#p/a/u/2/dYu3A-zqM5c

Thanks again Mitch for putting the links for the videos in your post. To the fellows that are obsessed with embedding videos into your posts and not putting the links for your videos on the bottom (despite my recent request)............................well thanks for nothing, and a big sloppy rasberry for you........:buttkick::ices_rofl:

Modifiedmark
Thanks again Mitch for putting the links for the videos in your post. To the fellows that are obsessed with embedding videos into your posts and not putting the links for your videos on the bottom (despite my recent request)............................well thanks for nothing, and a big sloppy rasberry for you........:buttkick::ices_rofl:

Dang Aaron, and here to think that I was just happy to even figure out how to get a video to appear here at all.

You rained on my parade. :ices_rofl:

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
To the fellows that are obsessed with embedding videos into your posts and not putting the links for your videos on the bottom (despite my recent request)............................well thanks for nothing, and a big sloppy rasberry for you........:buttkick::ices_rofl:

Sorry. I didn't know that it offended anyone. I thought that's what everyone wanted. I sure like it that way. Just my .02 to go with yours.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Dang Aaron, and here to think that I was just happy to even figure out how to get a video to appear here at all.

You rained on my parade. :ices_rofl:

Every party has a pooper Mark. Gotta do my job...:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry. I didn't know that it offended anyone. I thought that's what everyone wanted. I sure like it that way. Just my .02 to go with yours.

Easy there Stinkbait. I wasn't offended. Just throwing a Bronx Cheer towards you fellers 'cause you put up yet more embedded videos that I can't see. BTW-you can both embed vids and put the link for said videos in your post. It's not an either/or thing. No worries....:cheers:

Edit:

Thanks also to Gmax and anybody else who went back and added video links to their posts. Again, I have no idea why embeded vids don't work for me on this site. Makes me all grumpy (like the kid that doesn't get picked for a team on the schoolyard) when I can't see all these cool videos...:sucks:

Last edited:
Trigger-Time

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
I get bored on winter nights and get five or six saws going at the same time and let them idle on the shop floor and just let them wander around and bump into each other. :hmm3grin2orange:

THAT is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

TT

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Every party has a pooper Mark. Gotta do my job...:hmm3grin2orange:

Easy there Stinkbait. I wasn't offended. Just throwing a Bronx Cheer towards you fellers 'cause you put up yet more embedded videos that I can't see. BTW-you can both embed vids and put the link for said videos in your post. It's not an either/or thing. No worries....:cheers:

That's cool. Here is a link to my channel just for you. Just finished uploading 28 more videos tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mtmartin2005?feature=mhum#p/u

Latest posts