One Saw Plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MR4WD

MR4WD

ArboristSite Guru
The 359's a pretty hard saw to beat. I like mine with a 20" bar. I prefer to use it for falling the stuff under 12", you get great directional control, vs say using the other wood weapons I have. It's pretty hard to aim smaller trees with the 372 or 385. At times I've used the entire length of the bar cutting birch and the saw didn't really suffer for it.

I think if you went with anything smaller, it would suffer in the bigger stuff. A bigger saw can make the smaller stuff a bit tricky.

Last edited:
litefoot

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
You should never be out cutting with just one saw. You need a backup if one get pinched, mechanical failure, etc. Explain that to the missus. So I say keep the 359, sell all the others and apply the funds towards a 372. Then you'll be in good shape.

angelo c
Here's my situation, I cut my own firewood in the range of 5 to 10 cords a year (usually end up selling a couple), and do the occasional clean-up for friends. Most of my firewood is in the 8" to 16".

Looking for thoughts and discussion.

so you cut up to 10 cords a year, heat the house, sell off a few cords for some extra cash and you are worried about what the wife thinks....buy what ever you think helps you work more efficiently and longer too. Sometimes having a different saw to run breaks up the boredom of only "one saw". This is purely a business decision. I might consult with her but it's my business. Not trying to be a caveman, but it's not an emotional decision...She might not understand the importance of those saws until there is no heat....or no husband.

We are talking chainsaws here..not Harleys or Boats or Airplanes

Latest posts