One saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One saw.....hmmm...
For the type of cutting I (typically) find myself doing.....my 346 from nmurph covers it.

Like Brad said though.....my inner child loves to play with "Christine" :msp_thumbup:

Only one?
It would have to be at least 5 cubes. When I "retired" from active falling, I hung on to my PM850.
If I was going to buy a new saw, it would be a 395.

Picture014-1.jpg

Would have to be a 046/460 for me. Too much variation for me to go too far one way or the other.

My 395 will never be sold. I never knew how heavy it was until I started reading threads here! I got 18" to 28" bars that can handle just about everything I ever run into.

I'm votin' for either my old white top 61 or the venerable 262xp. But if I only get one saw, I would really like to have a couple different bars for said saw. The 61 gets the edge though, only because it has a fresh p&c. It's just now getting broken in good.....

Thats a tough call. 262, 372, 064... etc. I cut most of my wood with a 031 just a few years ago. How I could get by with just one saw was beyond me lol...

Probably my 026, i thought long and hard about selling it and putting the money towards 70cc saw, but i need both.

For me its the Stihl MS460. My saw for years was a 036 then to a MS360 for a few. Then I got my first MS460 three years ago and wandered why I waited so long to buy one. I have been repairing 460's for a while and its so easy to get $600 selling them on ebay. The many high bids seem like its the most poular saw to fix and resell.

Stihl 090, without a doubt.

I have never seen a saw hop around like an 090 when put on the ground. With this in mind, I'm sure I can train an 090 to get the mail, grab some groceries, etc. So that'd be my pick.

Only one? Impossible!:dizzy:

For purposes of the thread.............chosing from my current stable it'd be one of my five cube saws. Either my Homelite SXL-925 or McCulloch SP-81. Then there's my 70cc Macs. My 7-10A or PM700 would do everything I need, with a bit less weight and fuel consumption. The extra 12cc and bar length (of my five cube saws) would sure be nice to have at times however...............and the weight penalty isn't that great. Like I said. Impossible......:D

If I had to choose only one new saw to do everything, it'd probably be a Dolmar 7900 or a Husky 390XP.

Last edited:
If I had to choose just one it would be the 460 and then I would have to let the wife and 5 kids pick their one which would be from a list that I made up for them...see there is a way around everything:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back