One year with an MS 391

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you own a ms 391, do you like it?

• yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
that is irrelevant; i don`t own one but i`m tempted to vote; and i`m not 391 bias...imagine what a Husky guy will do.
LOLZ
I won`t vote though.
cheers.

If you voted no, I'm curious to know why you don't like it?

Just poking fun at ya. :poke: I only hate saws that are truly crappy, the MS 391 is definitely not one of them. :)

Plastic Poulans (except the Wild Thing) and plastic McCullochs suck... most Stihls, Huskys, and Dolmars, and several of the other brand saws are great. Every company makes a few lemons every once in a while though.

just ran through the second tank of fuel on mine. So far, I'm pleased. Seems more fuel efficient than the 039 I've ran before it and maybe a second or two behind the 046 as far as speed is concerned. I assume it will close the gap up some as it gets broken-in. Anti-vibe setup is pretty sweet too.

Ms250

I have a MS250 Farm Boss and i can clearly say it might beat a MS391 my step dad has a MS391 and his has some problems and dont have full power to it brand new too i have a MS250 and no problems and i use it all the time and he uses his like twice a month mine has diffidently beat alot of crap chainsaws

I don't own one but I applaud you for sticking with it for a year or more. I think a lot of guys give up on saws way too soon and never realize their potential. :clap:

I have one and I think it is a pretty good saw, it can handle a 25'' with skip chain pretty well as long as u let it cut and do not lean on it. For the most part mine wears a 20'' and it can handle itself pretty good, it aint the best saw out there but I think it is a little underated, and gets a bad image.

I have a MS250 Farm Boss and i can clearly say it might beat a MS391 my step dad has a MS391 and his has some problems and dont have full power to it brand new too i have a MS250 and no problems and i use it all the time and he uses his like twice a month mine has diffidently beat alot of crap chainsaws

:laugh:lets see a vid of that MS250 and MS391

Sorry to bump a old thread but I love my MS391. I got a upgrade to a 25" ES bar for $10 from my dealer. It had Full Comp chain and its still awesome. Ive had it a year now and its still great. Everyone who tries it loves it. I have no one ever say anything bad about it and even though alot of people claim its underpowered everyone who tries mine always says its got alot of power and thats with full comp chain and a 25" bar. I will say no one I know is a logger or anything closest person to logging that tried mine was a guy who does forest work during fire season and he too loved it so much he baught one him self afterwards. I also baught one for my father inlaw who loved it but his saw he used was a old Homelite Super XL so any newer saw Im sure is a improvement.

:spam:

I haven't had mine a year yet but I was able to quarter logs almost 3 ft across and burry the blade with no problems. It has a 20 inch bar, its definently a step up from my 1979 pioneer farmsaw. The pioneer was the only big saw I ever had and it never really ran that good, its amazing the differences in these saws. The pioneer also would tire you out after a while.

Latest posts

Back