Only building 1000 psi.. ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is that valve plumbed with old pipes from your GrandPa's cabin? Not a wise choice. Is this abortion something you made? Bought? Picked up at the scrapyard? What? I would guess the build/beam is substandard resulting in tremendous twisting/torquing/bending of the rod at extension resulting in the damage. If those plumbing pipes are galvanized, its possible they are flaking bits of galvanized metal into your oil.

Your best best might be to toss in a new seal and sell it to some hillbilly(not that there is anything wrong with "hillbillys") on Craigslist.

With the amount of damage to the piston a complete flushing and inspection of the hydraulic system will be necessary. A new cylinder, internal inspection of the control valve, new filter,and internal inspection of the reservoir.

You said that was a new cylinder?

Take a picture of the whole setup. Either the cylinder wasn't built right or the splitter isn't and it's loading the cylinder in a way it's not designed for. I'm surprised it worked at all with how trashed that piston is.

You said that was a new cylinder?

Take a picture of the whole setup. Either the cylinder wasn't built right or the splitter isn't and it's loading the cylinder in a way it's not designed for. I'm surprised it worked at all with how trashed that piston is.
About 2 months ago the pusher bolts sheared and bent my beam.. I'm pretty sure that was when the internal damage started..

Very possible. Cylinders don't take well to side loading. Having a sturdy push plate is important, and also some play in the cylinder mounts, so when the push plate moves a bit, it doesn't bind the cylinder.

Back