Ontario get together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vital records

IF I could find my dang birth certificate I could get my passport

do a google search of or call the city/state of your birth there is a website vital check or vital records . org and they can get ya a certified copy

for a few bucks,,, pretty painless actually

You have never dealt with MA

Massachusetts makes it dang near impossible to do ANYTHING but pay them more money.

I am going to have to go there in person it appears.

pain in my butt

So far Ottawa is sounding like the consensus?

How does this work for all of you?

sounds good to me as long as I know a couple weeks ahead of time

in the spring sounds good. ottawa is about 3 hr drive from me so it isn't too bad.

I have to get my 021 back together and hopefully by spring time I will have something a little bigger to play with also.

Snow is up to the top of the log stand, looks like it might be a couple months.

If people are ok with round poplar then I have lots.

If people are ok with round poplar then I have lots.

I love round poplar, now if I could just learn to cut faster in rounds. :cheers:

Where the :censored: is Ottawa? Is that the Providence to the east of Ontario? :dizzy:

Hey timberwolf warranty is up and the 372 needs a mufflermod maybe you could give me a hand and help me tweak that puppy.

fast but reliable. Im thinking of taking off the base gasket mild port job muffler mod and that should be fast enough for now. Compression is not as high as I want. I don't have much experience with saw mods but I can learn quick! I have modded everything I own in some way or another. What type of sealant do you use for the cyl? I have heard good things about yamabond. I just bought an 98 oldsmobile intrigue with the 3.8l engine and I am very tempted to put the other style intake with the supercharger you can't beat bolt on horsepower.

Reasonable gains can be had, drop the jug so squish is down to .020, then raise the exhaust back up to stock and maybe a slight bit higher, but the more you raise it the more torque your trade in to get few more revs. Widen the exhaust and intake out leaving a safe margin of skirt to cover the ports. The bottom of the transfer duct can be cleaned up a little too. About 4 or 5 hours start to finish and you should expect a gain of 10% on the mild porting, and maybe another 15% to 20% for opening the muffler up. It should bump up compression 10 psi or so too.

To do more than that you need some way of getting in to work on the inside of the transfers, and along with some piston, head and carb work there is a fair bit more on the table in terms of HP gains.

Some of the sealers are pretty sticky and a real mess to work, esp if you plan to rework the saw in steps. I have had good success with permatex that can be found at most hardware stores, key is to have a good tight metal to metal fit and not depend on the sealer to fill voids.

Last edited:
any more news on this get together

I have my 2153 and it is running quite well, but I'm starting to get busy on the weekends

I'd be down for coming up just not sure about getting my saws across the border though. From my place to Toronto is about 4 hours but I'd be down.
I might be picking up a new one this week she's a biggy.

Last edited:
I'd go depending on timing

Back to the original post..... I'd be interested.

Sounds like a blast.

Keep me posted if anything develops.

I have been swamped busy, so GTGs have kind of fallen off my radar, will look at the callender.

Should have no troubles at the boarder with saws, just say your going to a lumberjack race or practice, never had an issue, sometimes they ask about prise money, thats about it.

Latest posts

Back