Ontario GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkeyslayer

Smells Great
Reaction score
I am planning on having a gtg at my place Feb 5, 2011. I am located in Southern Ontario near Tillsonburg, which is about 2 hours from Toronto, Detroit, Flint, and Buffalo.I think that there will be some races, some chopping, and some big wood to cut. This is going to be a just for fun event, but there should be some good compitition to run against. If anyone is interested let me know.

There should be some good running saws there from what I've been told.
If you could pm me some details it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to come. Anybody know what the rules are on transporting saws and fuel across the border? I do know that when you come back, there cannot be a spec of dirt on the saws. We've had tractor pullers refused reentry to the US for dirt on the tires.

I'd like to come. Anybody know what the rules are on transporting saws and fuel across the border? I do know that when you come back, there cannot be a spec of dirt on the saws. We've had tractor pullers refused reentry to the US for dirt on the tires.

get your fuel here. Shell 91 has no booze in it.

That's 1 way around it. Although running e-gas for 1 afternoon wouldn't hurt anything.

That's 1 way around it. Although running e-gas for 1 afternoon wouldn't hurt anything.

as long as Shell keeps the ethanal out of gas in Ontario, I will keep buying it. It costs a bit more but you get better mileage and it is easier on the engine.

I think there will be some bike saws here also, which I am really looking forward to seeing. I will have to practice cutting some cookies, as the only cookies I have cut are either 16" long or have chocolate chips, lol.:D

I think I am going to be in DC which really sucks. I keep having saws built and no where to run them. I am just across the pond also. I will check my dates.

I think there will be some bike saws here also, which I am really looking forward to seeing. I will have to practice cutting some cookies, as the only cookies I have cut are either 16" long or have chocolate chips, lol.:D

It will be cool to see "Piglet" run.

Dont book the date for certain yet, as the date may move by a week or so (later). I should know for sure in the next day or two. Is there a date that works best for everyone?

I think I am going to be in DC which really sucks. I keep having saws built and no where to run them. I am just across the pond also. I will check my dates.

The date isnt set in stone yet, so hopefully we can get something that works good for most.
I have yet to run a ported saw, but am taking my 395 to Ed Heard (EHP) in the next few days to get woods ported:D. Ed is also highly involved with this gtg, so I am sure there will be some fast saws here!

Latest posts

Back