Oops! Coulda been worse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In '77, at the ripe old age of 14, I smashed my 306 A to smithereens on the beginning of the second tank of fuel.

The saw shop charged me $ 15 less than a new saw. :monkey:

I think that tree wanted to be cut down with a sthil vs a husky. As long as your alive to tell the tail, it's a good day.
:cheers:

It must have taken a good lick to bend that bar. Those bars are the hardest to bend of all I've used.

I've flexed mine really good a couple times but it just popped back out.

Thats chitty, but could have been alot worse. Also, could have been an arm or leg bent so just take it for what it's worth.

Well, it did say "Total" on that bar, and you followed the instruction.......

12" dbh beech. tree got hung up and in the process of chunking it down the tree slid and drove tje tip into the ground.

I bent a brand new Stihl ES 32" bar doing the same thing you described. Only difference is, mine was Hickory tree about 20".

I got it hung up and was cutting rounds off the bottom to get it to fall. It got hung and driven into the ground. It put a 90° bend in it. :mad:

On a different note, cutting chunks off the bottom of a hung tree is very dangerous. Seems like something bad almost always happens. Best to winch it or pull it with a tractor, etc. Someties you just cant though, but cutting off the bottom is a last resort.

epoxied the handle back together, straightened the bar, put a
nwe chain on and put 'er back to work today. waiting on a new handle to come in.

OWWW!!!!!

Dang that sucks!

But look on the bright side.
That Saw is now "Pre-disastered".

All of 'em are destined to be busted, run over, dropped out of a tree, crunched by a falling tree, or dropped down the stairs.
It's just a matter of when and how bad.

Your new 555 has just got all that worry out of the way for you.
Kinda like a kid getting the chicken pox before heading off to school.

Buff it all out and glued back up, then sally forth with confidence.
As long as you are hanging onto that saw ya can't get run over, hit by a falling tree, or fall out of a truck bed.
It's the way things work!:hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back