Operation Johny red 2152c with NE346XP top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have rebuilt saws befor but never ported one, I have done muffler mods and this saw has a Modded Muffler. I dont have much in the saw . when i got it i put a new piston in it, Now I am rebuilding it with the NE346XP top end. I am going to rebuild it tonight. I plan on taking some pics....... Even with the base gasket it should run pretty darn good.....RIGHT????? The NE346XP IS RATED 3.7H.P 14,500RPM'S

I guess i will find out.

Jeff

Well it's up and running seems to run good, I might try and cut some wood on sunday. but it's going to get like -15 below from looking at the weather. I guess i wont do to much cutting with it. I dont have a tach to check it. but i can get it tuned by ear pretty good to make it 4 stroke on the top end

Last edited:
I Left it all stock I used the base gasket, I didnt do any port work. it runs good starts on the 1st pull Idles good REVS REAL FAST :) . I am not sure on the RPM'S But it seems to scream with the Double barrel muf mod. It will 4 stroke on the top end. I hope to cut some cookies in the AM. I have some Black Cherry 16". I know it gets better as it breaks in.

I wanted to say thanks for all the help and info here on arborsite!!!!

How much did it cost for the 346XPNE top end?

I paid $200 plus the $45 for the saw. I first put a new piston in it but i knew it had a scratch taht was too deep. So after all the help here I put the Ne346xp top end on it was close the transfer ports are close to the sides/flywheel but it clears.

I really wanted to cut today but it's 2 degrees outside and feels like -18 with the windchill right now. per the weather channel. SO no cutting for me. I can goto the garage and run some gas/oil in it to break it in. I like to heat cycle my new engines. Get them warmed up and let them cool off a few times to help seat the rings. I do this in my car and truck engines. I need to post a pic of the Muffler on this thing for all to see

:cheers:

Last edited:
Here is the muffler and the video of it running

006.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i255.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/JeffandJess4806/010.flv">

Who has been sharpening their teeth on your chain brake handle??????? :popcorn: :popcorn: :givebeer:

The muffler looks like it is inspired by Sedanman.....

Last edited:
Who has been sharpening their teeth on your chain brake handle??????? :popcorn: :popcorn: :givebeer:

The muffler looks like it is inspired by Sedanman.....
\

the muffler was done by "Freakingstang", the brake handle was that way when i got it.

LOL I noticed the handle too looks like one of my old Husky saws, I stuck it and I had my buddy cut it out I should have borrowed his saw...:) then the nicks would have been my fault!

Oh yeah congrats Jeff sounds great good job have fun with it now!

Last edited:
I have not cut wood yet, but i can tell from the sound and the rpm's this thing allot better then it ever was!!!! My father inlaw say he will need ear muffs when cutting with me now....LOL wait til i do the muffler on the 7900 :) :cheers:

Latest posts

Back