Operation Johny red 2152c with NE346XP top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i dont have any timed cuts but i can tell you this, it rocks!!. I thought it ran pretty good with just a newpiston as a 2152c but now it's all new top end with the 2153 piston and cyl. it cuts and revs real good. I switched it over to a 18" 3/8 lgx chain and i like the lgx sofar. I have 3 tanks of gas run and it seems to be getting broke in and faster i need a tach.

I have been told it should be 3.7 H.P and run at 14,100 RPM'S

Jeff

Last edited:
Just remember the 14,100rpms are a max number, and not a goal in itself.....:)

Ya i hope to get it on a tach soon if i can find a dealer with one, I have called 2 and they dont use them :dizzy: they do it by ear hell i can do that. I may have to buy one. what kind should i get?? I plan on setting it at 13,600 to 13,900 ahouls be good?????

jeff

You dont need no tach, just do small adjustments and make a cut. Adjust and cut. Once she sings through the wood with authority and has a very slight burble at wide open no load you are good. To put your mind at ease you can do a few cuts and check the spark plug. It should be a light tan color.

I was like you Jeff, I started with a 55 and used it for years. It was a good saw and I love it, but the 346 and 5100 are Ferrari's:chainsaw:

Ya i hope to get it on a tach soon if i can find a dealer with one, I have called 2 and they dont use them :dizzy: they do it by ear hell i can do that. I may have to buy one. what kind should i get?? I plan on setting it at 13,600 to 13,900 ahouls be good?????

jeff

Sounds good, but listen to Huskyman, very good advice from him!! :)

Ed said 13,800-900 but that was on one saw (stock), another could be different....

Latest posts

Back