Opinions on husqvarna 394

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkinslow

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Alright so I found a husqvarna 394 on my local CL for 400$with a 42"Oregon bar and chain. Trying to get in contact with them to look at it. Looks good in pictures. But need and wanna check it out more of course. I guess my question is would that be a good price if it's running and checks out ok. I don't mind working on them at all if need be. Are parts still available etc.

If everything is good with the saw and you pay the asking $400, you would be welcomed in the "You Suck" thread. That 394 could have a toasted top end and $400 would still be a good price IMO. Plus it comes with a 42" b/c??? No brainer!

Well if I was in your shoes, my order of priority would be getting that 394 > everything else. I'd do everything I could to make sure he doesn't sell that thing to anyone else.

I just bought a lightly ported 395 for $650 and can't tell you how glad I am that I swiped that up before anyone else. You'll find everything you're lookin for in that saw and then some more.

O yeah I know bud. I can make money on it just doing big cuts for people. I'm trying to get ahold of someone. Just no luck yet

I've bought 2 394's on this site PHO for about $400 apiece that seems to be about the low end on a functioning saw (although you missed one of this site for 350 few weeks ago). So if the bars usable that's a good deal. Both saws I got were well used but also running good. The thing to remember with 394's is that the P/C (and some other parts) is NLA and I don't think there's any aftermarket versions so if you do need to replace you need to put in a 395 P/C with a new carb or with an adapter kit for the carb you have. Nice saws and a lot less exercise then a 3120.

What is involved with converting a 394 to 395? Is it mostly bolt on? Is it documented on the site? I tried a couple of searches, but did not get any thing good. I'm guessing it's here somewhere.

By far one of the best modern working saws you can get. That price is was great too. Bar and chain $220 in canuck bucks, in my neck of the woods. It is very tough to get a decent used saw. I had a mint jonsereds 2094 turbo, I traded for a raggedy 395, only becuase I had trouble starting it with no decomp valve. I pulled it, and left too many bruises across my rib cage than I care to remember. So the oportunity came up, I traded. I also have a 394 that I use, but no much recently. Happy hunting, that is part of the game. Good luck

What is involved with converting a 394 to 395? Is it mostly bolt on? Is it documented on the site? I tried a couple of searches, but did not get any thing good. I'm guessing it's here somewhere.

despite alot of things being different, almost everything is interchangable. some things need to swap over as a package though. like the crank/flywheel, cylinder/intake etc.... no reason to convert a 394 to a 395 unless you have to for some reason to make a runner. my preference is a 395 but only for the rubber intake boot. they run so similar most wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them without running them side by side.

Back