opinions on rebuilt saw online needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an 026 pro on e-bay from a seller that advertised 160-psi, new or honed cylinder. I had to replace the fuel line, carburetor and air filter. Have it running now. I would be careful about bidding on this seller's items. FWIW, I bought a little Shindaiwa off the trading post, great saw, great price.

I bought an 026 pro on e-bay from a seller that advertised 160-psi, new or honed cylinder. I had to replace the fuel line, carburetor and air filter.

Why did you have to replace those items?

The fuel line they had in it was the wrong one. It pinched too much. It would start and then cut off almost immediately. The carb was a non-adjustable and it just would run right even after the fuel line was replaced, so it had to go.

You either buy new or buy used and expect a hefty discount. New get's a warranty and piece of mind that PROBABLY noone else messed it up.

I've got 4 new to me saws this last year and a bit.
Efco 3600, 16", brand new w/ warranty and 2 chains - $50 from NT. Couldn't pass up a new saw for $50.

John Deere CS62 I won here, very lightly used - litefoot's raffles saw #2

Stihl 660 BOUGHT ON EBAY

Stihl, snellerized, 660 bought here - litefoot's raffle saw #1 http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=109333

Throughout the entire time, over a year, I had been looking for saws on ebay. And I only successfully bid on that one, although I did bid on quite a few others

My ebay criteria were Excellent reputation for selling saws, looked lightly used, seller could respond to picky questions, seller focused on saws and was not a pawnshop.

As another poster mentioned there are several great sellers on ebay. I would far rather buy from a seller with a great rep on ebay that only sold saws than a CL ad. But mostly it all boils down to money. Although I've only run about 6 tanks thru it I think my $515 was well spent. It saved me $500 off a new saw. Which was enough to almost pay for the second 660.

I'm happy to hear about the people that would never buy used on ebay, that means less competition. Somebody has to pay retail.

Very good info and opinions here.I didn't bid on the saw from the seller that others seem to know who I am reffering to.I did try buying one from "saw-king" He might be on here,but I don't know.he had a couple videos of it on youtube in his ad.I was at work ,and didnt get to check my phone and the auction ended on me.
So now I guess I will keep looking and see what I might find here or on the auction sites.I need to not get in to big of a hurry I guess.

Latest posts

Back