order a 346 XP today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like my 441 :bowdown: But what i was looking for a small limbing saw
the 346 just stood above the rest .

That is just the sweet-spot of the 346xp! :clap: :clap:

It is the saw I wanted to get Witchy (xpg though), but she got talked into the 5100 by some nice people here at AS........:biggrinbounce2: :greenchainsaw:

be careful

hello

i bought a 346xp and liked it so much that i wanted to have it modded but was not willing to be with out the saw. man who would want to use a 10 year old 55 after running a 346xp.

i want to start haveing all my sweede saws modded.

i bought a second 346xp so i could send the first one in to be modded.

we have 5100's where i work and they are a good well built saw.

as soon as i make the time...i will test them together to see what i think. you can not go wrong with either saw.

talcott

Andy,

I really missed your, "Yeah Stan, Now Go Cut Some Wood. Yeah, Yeah Yeah." cheer.

Stan,

Congratulations on your new saw purchase!!

I thought I saw some positive posts from Andy concerning the 346, way back when. One of these days I'm going to do a search. But not today. Prolly not tomorrow either.

Last edited:
They're all good.

will the Stihl guys put me down for buying a Husqvarna?? :bang: :yoyo:

They're all good saws, I almost went with the 346XP also. I got a 5100S instead, but I kind of wish i would have went withe the 346 instead (lighter weight, a little less power) I could use a lighter saw.

have fun.

Mitch

Nope! I bet MOST of the stihl/husky guy's have atleast one of the other brand. Just buy the best of all brands. That's what I do! I'll be getting my 385 soon, so I'll be joining the club also.:rock: :) :clap:
I have one of each. A Stihl 021 and a Husky 365. My next saw is going to be a Husky 353. I'll run my 021 until it dies (if it does), then I'll buy a new MS210 to replace it. :cheers:

The 346 is the old 5100 (most beloved saw that is) here at AS.

will the Stihl guys put me down for buying a Husqvarna?? :bang: :yoyo:

Naaaaaaa we won't put ya down for a buying a orange Poolan, sides that outfit needs all the help they can get,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Manual I know ya just read that and I got some new news for you too ole boy. Come to find out Stihl hit N0.1 in 1971, I always thought it was 1974, hmmm, spared ya three years of torment, how nice of me huh, BTW, they've remained No 1 ever since , 36 years in a row, thats a helluva azz kickin for your brand to take but asprin is on sale, get gerneric brand, like your saws,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The 346 is the old 5100 (most beloved saw that is) here at AS.

Most beloved, that's the MS361, dam' it.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The 5100S is about midway between the 346xp and MS361 in most respects, and sort of have created a saw class of its own, imo.:biggrinbounce2:

Most beloved, that's the MS361, dam' it.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Keep tellin yourself that!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

What's big river in Africa? Oh yeah, Da Nile!

I thought I saw some positive posts from Andy concerning the 346, way back when. One of these days I'm going to do a search. But not today. Prolly not tomorrow either.

I'm still not all that happy with mine. Yes it's a neat saw and works good, but I have seen a 200t outcut it, even after being opend up (by me), and that didn't help my missgivings any!! I was really needing a replacement for the 262 I shold have never gotten rid of:deadhorse: , and that saw was not it. I just figured from as much as these guys brag them up it would work for my needs, felling and firewood, better than it does.
I am to the point now I run the 046 80% of the time. It does use more gas, it does weigh more, but man it sure cuts fast!

Latest posts

Back