Ordering a new 441 on Saturday should I spend the money on the M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl-Pioneer

Stihl-Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I was told the wrap version is $40.00 additional. In my part of the country, North east, it's a special order out of the west coast, so I'm expecting a shipping charge. Don't understand why Stihl doesn't make all products available across the country. G

A lot of times it is up to the individual distributor. They are allowed quite often to pick and choose on certain or all items to stock.

the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sure this has been covered before, but...

Got a chance to pick up a new 440 for $750. Any advantage to getting 441 over 440?
Don't mean to shanghai your thread, IS.

441 is not better for everyone, but it is noticeably stronger, faster, has better AV, easier on fuel, way better Husky-style air filtration. 440 is lighter and a legend. That being said, I had both and got rid of the 440.

oscar4883

oscar4883

Addicted to ArboristSite
If a saw is available with autotune IMO it is the way to go. I can't wait for the day that all saws come with it. In a realworld environment, i.e. different people mixing gas, cutting all year round, etc., it is awesome. Autotune is great for tree crews, and I imagine it would be great for a fire wood operation as well.

sgrizz

sgrizz

ArboristSite Guru
Now if stihl would only come out with a 261 m tronic i would be tempted to buy one. I am eagerly waiting to see how the husqavarna 550 auto tune is going to be.

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Well. the saw is on the way, called him and got it ordered, going in with his regular order this week, should see it next week. The wife won't know until it shows up.lol I wish I could get my hands on a 241 m-tronic without having to import one at a ridiculous price, Stihl really needs to make this little saw available in the US, seems like it would make a great little ground saw for the tree trimming crowd, limb saw for firewood cutters and general purpose farm saw.

K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping

ArboristSite Operative
I hope your dealer ordered the right unit. When I ordered mine the dealer just ordered a standard 441 after I made sure that the M-Tronic was ordered. When I told him it was the wrong saw he didn't even know what an M-Tronic was. Hate to say it but I know more about saws than they do, by a pretty wide margin.

Officer's Match

Officer's Match

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hope your dealer ordered the right unit. When I ordered mine the dealer just ordered a standard 441 after I made sure that the M-Tronic was ordered. When I told him it was the wrong saw he didn't even know what an M-Tronic was. Hate to say it but I know more about saws than they do, by a pretty wide margin.

My experience as well.

IS, you're gonna' love that 441 M-Tronic. Even though I'm cutting to sell firewood, I have to discipline myself from not turning big tastey wood into cookies just to spend more M-Time (maybe I should trademark that one - LOL).

porsche965

porsche965

Addicted to ArboristSite
In a 1/2 dozen tanks this review should really be a good one. Plenty of work, real world experience, and production to broadcast a fair opinion. Can't wait I.S.!!

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
.......I have to discipline myself from not turning big tastey wood into cookies just to spend more M-Time (maybe I should trademark that one - LOL).

I think the Chrysler 300m club beat you to the title on that one.

I'd get the m-tronic. If I thought I could get anything for my standard 441 bits, I'd be looking to upgrade mine.

Latest posts