oregon .404x8 rim sprocket gone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynodave

equal opportunity gearhead
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was surprised yesterday to get a email from Jacks Small Engine that the 13313 (Std 7 spline) rim sprocket for .404x8 was not available from oregon.
The story is... that on ebay I bought a new (NLA) oregon 10616 rim/clutch for my homelite 707D in .404x7. Well this saw is governed to 6000 rpm which may seem slow but I'm hopeing it should pull well even if I speed the chain up with a 8T....right. Jacks is listed as a major oregon distributor and they just said they can't get it from oregon...and obviously don't stock them anymore. I'm sure I will find some elsewhere, but the 13313 is still shown in the online oregon catalog. Doesn't anyone else use these? or are they really that dead of an item?

http://www.oregonchain.com/pdf/sprockets/RimSproxFB0601.pdf

View attachment 239383

I already got a 94 DL woodland pro chain from baileys and should have tried them first for the sprocket too.

They show as NLA from my distributor. Guess I should hold onto this little gem then if I wanna run .404 for my firewood.

2ff8509c.jpg

And the best I can see they're keeping the 7 pin available but not the 8. So you'll at least have that going for ya.

Last edited:
I have a stack of 404 8's , might need to clean them up and see what shape they are in.

Latest posts

Back