oregon power match plus bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark360T

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i bought a 24" oregon power match plus for my mac 610 chainsaw today. i want to know how many of you run the power match bars and how good they are.

Last edited:
I have several of the Power Match bars, I like em too. There are more expensive bars, and cheaper ones. They seem like a GOOD bar for the average cutter. Like most of us..LOL
Profesional cutters might differ.

I have one Husqvarna bar, that I think are Power Match bars just painted with the Husky logo. I think.

:cheers:
Gregg,

I have several of the Power Match bars, I like em too. There are more expensive bars, and cheaper ones. They seem like a GOOD bar for the average cutter. Like most of us..LOL

I have one Husqvarna bar, that I think are Power Match bars just painted with the Husky logo. I think.

Gregg,

Your right. But I have a theory....The Husqvarna bars that are Oregon with the Husky logo, I think they are a reject, bad batch of steel or a cull from Oregon, I swear. The rails wear out fast. Oregon PM bars just seem soft to me. I finally went back to RW bars and never leaving them again, in the standard 32 length anyway. They seem to wear better. Everyone cries about them bending. Learn to buck! Hint: If they bend easy, how do you think they straighten out? :monkey:

is $84.00 expensive for a 24in. bar

Yes.

Catch a sale at one of our sponsors and you can save some bux next time.;)

And no, PM bars ain't a bad bar. There's better, but you'll have to work a PM hard to wear one out with honest use. Just keep an eye on it and dress it when it needs it.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I just started using a Power Match on my 044
and it seems to be a good bar.:)

Gregg,

I've got a 32" Power Match Plus bar and it wears as good as any other bar I've used. Just a bit spendy in Oz.
You'll see a lot more of them on the market now that Carlton's Pro Sprocket range are just rebadged and repainted Power Match Plus ;)

i bought a 24" oregon power match plus for my mac 610 chainsaw today. i want to know how many of you run the power match bars and how good they are.

The Power Match are good bars. The only Oregon I ever questioned was a Power Match Reduced Weight on a 385 on day, seemed flimsy to me.

The 24 may be a tad much for your 610 IMO. Them 60 cc saws can do just as much with an 18 or 20 and won't put any additional stress on the PTO side of your saw. The clutch on the 610 can handle it, just look at the size of it. The 24 may be at the upper limit of what your saw can handle.

:givebeer:

Your right. But I have a theory....The Husqvarna bars that are Oregon with the Husky logo, I think they are a reject, bad batch of steel or a cull from Oregon, I swear. The rails wear out fast. Oregon PM bars just seem soft to me. I finally went back to RW bars and never leaving them again, in the standard 32 length anyway. They seem to wear better. Everyone cries about them bending. Learn to buck! Hint: If they bend easy, how do you think they straighten out? :monkey:

if it hasnt already been said, Husqvarna Bars are made by a company called GB, they make very good bars as well but are nontheless a little on the expensive side. I like the oregon powermatch bars, i use them on just about everything i've got without an issue.

if it hasnt already been said, Husqvarna Bars are made by a company called GB, they make very good bars as well but are nontheless a little on the expensive side. I like the oregon powermatch bars, i use them on just about everything i've got without an issue.

huskie bars are made by oregon around here. even the 'good' ones.
same goes for the jonnyred bars. they're power matches.

i haven't been able to get the g.b. made ones, let alone a g.b branded bar.

same goes for the jonnyred bars. they're power matches.

My '98 jonsered came with a bar stamped Sandvik-Windsor.... so it always wears a Windsor speed tip from now on.... don't know if they changed to Oregon, nor do I know who makes Windsor
I know alot of heavily used Oregon PMs and they hold up just fine..... I have noticed that the bars usually wear out before the nose sprocket.
And I absolutely agree that Husqvarna bars are Oregons that didn't pass Quality Control for some reason or another... seen some strange things on Husky bars. I also find that the Husqvarna paint is pitiful.

For what its worth, I've used Power Match Bars for as long as I can remember. (I'm an old man so thats either a very long time or...damn I forgot!) Right now I have a 28inch Oregon Power Match bar on the Jonsered 820...before that it lived for several years on a Homelite S-XL925 (With 2.065in bore!). So far I haven't had to "de-burr" or do much of anything other than wear out chains & cut wood. They seem to wear well. I have two 20 inch "Power Match" Bars, one on a Homelite XL-903 and the other rides on a Homelite 540...both seem to be good solid bars that wear well. One has enough use where I have to de-burr it and it no longer has any paint...(The 903's bar)

The Only Husqvarna Brand Bars I have are one for a 365 Special that now lives on a 272XP and the one that came on my 455. BOTH have these really small diameter oil holes. Those holes used to plug on my 455 early on so I opened them up and haven't had any issues since. What ever the material..I can tell you its hard as I wasted a couple of drill bits on the 18inch from the 365 thats now on the 272Xp. (Follow all that?) Other than the oil holes, they seem to be good enough bars for what I do.

Last edited:
Back