Oregonians, we (normal people) need to be heard too.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burvol

Bullbuck
Reaction score
Oregon is a beautiful, ecologically diverse state, perhaps the most of all. It's economy, history and landscape have all been shaped by timber, farming, fishing, ect. Now days the state is full of people who want to put it behind glass...they think we should all live in the city,and view nature from behind a fence. Check out this girl, not surprising, just one of many...http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20081115/NEWS/811150320/1001

This #### makes me puke. Like she did something worthwhile. These people are so out of touch, it's crazy. What's even nuttier, is she is on an experimental housing committee that "provides sustainable" housing to poor people. They still frame the damn things with wood. She should be thrown into a skid trail and ran over....sorry, no apologies at all!!!

I'm seriously thinking about trying to gather some people for the next one of these demonstrations, I'll keep all the ASer's informed if we can all make it.

its pretty sad that people are so concerned over logging that they fail to notice real problems that we face everyday, rising numbers of homeless people, increased crime rates, the failing economy, mabey if they put a little more effort into real problems we could solve our problems, instead they do this? smart.
BTW i think everything you said about oregon can be said about maine, cept for the crazy "green" people running around never seen those around here. thank god.

its pretty sad that people are so concerned over logging that they fail to notice real problems that we face everyday, rising numbers of homeless people, increased crime rates, the failing economy, mabey if they put a little more effort into real problems we could solve our problems, instead they do this? smart.
BTW i think everything you said about oregon can be said about maine, cept for the crazy "green" people running around never seen those around here. thank god.

They are completly out of touch. Like you said, imagine if they put that much effort into something that could really change people's lives. Of course, as a logger it makes me mad, but I don't like their whole approach to our State. They think they have all the right answers. I could respect them if they used their hands instead of toilet paper, lived outside in stick shelters, and used no electricity made by our dams.

I think it's ironic tha tshe used a "wooden" platform to rest on, using a tree product for comfortability, that seems a tad selfish. I bet she lives in a wood studed house also. Someone ought to protest that she lives in a house with wood products.:cheers:

I think it's ironic tha tshe used a "wooden" platform to rest on, using a tree product for comfortability, that seems a tad selfish. I bet she lives in a wood studed house also. Someone ought to protest that she lives in a house with wood products.:cheers:

She also used PVC for framing too. Anyone have a clue on how many chemicals are in that stuff??? I'm not against it, just pointing it out.

i'll fly up to protest

we should block a protest by showing up in full force,
hard hat, suspenders, dressed to work
and block the protest speaker's view of his or her audience
or block their "interview" with the news people

people forget timber built our country

idiots, plain and simple

i'll fly up to protest

we should block a protest by showing up in full force,
hard hat, suspenders, dressed to work
and block the protest speaker's view of his or her audience
or block their "interview" with the news people

people forget timber built our country

idiots, plain and simple

I just want to show up with a sign that says no more than "What do you wipe with, and what do you live in?"

bilde

i like that one guy's sign... "stop wasting our precious resources" :monkey:

NOT using our resources is wasting them

using our resources is part of being responsible, especially when it comes to a renewable resource such as trees

bilde

i like that one guy's sign... "stop wasting our precious resources" :monkey:

NOT using our resources is wasting them

using our resources is part of being responsible, especially when it comes to a renewable resource such as trees

LOLOL, Another observation, look what the handles of those signs are made out of. You talk about a waste of resources:laugh:

thats what bugs me. They would rather see a tree sit in a forest untill it rots into nothing rather than be used to make something. it would be like planting a field of corn and leaving it and not harvesting, why bother.

440% of zero is still zero. She didn't give the original figure of what is cut now. That's how they do things, make a huge figure of nothing. I worked on a forest in Wisconsin that was second in timber volume sold for National Forests. The ONLY reason it was second was that there wasn't much being cut out here in the west. These people need to be faced with the proper figures. I have saved a Dilbert Cartoon. It shows Alice, doing a powerpoint with DUH to the 100th power. She is saying, it is obviously correct because I used math.

I think our whole forest now struggles to put up 30 million board feet. That could be increased easily by 400% and still have healthy rivers and such.
What a crock. Put me down for your protest. I can do math. :) If I have a calculator.

Here's THEIR website.http://www.risingtidenorthamerica.org/wordpress/category/rising-tide-cascadia/

I think Earth First branched off into Cascadia Rising, the latter being the dirtbags who sat in the trees and threw poop on people below and got the sale cancelled, and now it looks like Cascadia Rising is now branching off.
I like the idea of protesting by having a street dance. Pretty scary that!

Last edited:
He he he... Actually I KNOW a couple of these types of people... What they call hippies around here. And you are right, they are very much out of touch with the real world.

One lady was totally convinced the 2009 digital TV converter box switch-over was a conspiracy by the government to listen in on people and there were listening devices in each "converter box". It took me an hour to explain to her why this was not so and why this was not technically possible. (Basically you can buy these for cash and they would have no idea who bought which unit. And there are too many people involved with the manufacture of these units to keep such a secret.)

I actually went camping with these two and they stayed at my house for a night. That same night a logger friend came over and it was quite funny! The lady did not care much for the logger and the logger did not care for her one little bit. I had fun just watching the show! At one point she asked him what he did for work and he told her he cut down trees then glared at her with wide open eyes. You should have seen the look of HORROR in her face!

Oh the humanity!

Anyway we went camping and they did not know a thing about camping (city people). So I had to do everything basically. Then they didn't want to visit with, talk to, or meet other people camping next to us! I thought that to be quite odd. I like doing this myself, I've met some interesting characters. Actually the lady wanted to put her tent in the camping spot next to us so no one could camp there! I was not pleased about her being so selfish! You just don't do that kind of thing (in my book!).

Anyway I know another lady who is a "country girl type" all the way. Quite a rough type who will not put up with any nonsense. I want her to meet this hippie girl. Sparks will fly for sure!

Since camping these two have wanted to go camping with me again... Only they wanted to go when there was tons of snow up on the mountain! Well that is not my idea of fun and I told them I will be happy to go camping in the summer only. (They don't seem to know what a weather report is, nor do they know how dangerous getting stuck in the snow can be!)

So anyway these people can learn, but you better have several hours for each and every one of them!

Tell them to stop using toilet paper if they want to save the trees...

He he he... Actually I KNOW a couple of these types of people... What they call hippies around here. And you are right, they are very much out of touch with the real world.

One lady was totally convinced the 2009 digital TV converter box switch-over was a conspiracy by the government to listen in on people and there were listening devices in each "converter box". It took me an hour to explain to her why this was not so and why this was not technically possible. (Basically you can buy these for cash and they would have no idea who bought which unit. And there are too many people involved with the manufacture of these units to keep such a secret.)

I actually went camping with these two and they stayed at my house for a night. That same night a logger friend came over and it was quite funny! The lady did not care much for the logger and the logger did not care for her one little bit. I had fun just watching the show! At one point she asked him what he did for work and he told her he cut down trees then glared at her with wide open eyes. You should have seen the look of HORROR in her face!

Oh the humanity!

Anyway we went camping and they did not know a thing about camping (city people). So I had to do everything basically. Then they didn't want to visit with, talk to, or meet other people camping next to us! I thought that to be quite odd. I like doing this myself, I've met some interesting characters. Actually the lady wanted to put her tent in the camping spot next to us so no one could camp there! I was not pleased about her being so selfish! You just don't do that kind of thing (in my book!).

Anyway I know another lady who is a "country girl type" all the way. Quite a rough type who will not put up with any nonsense. I want her to meet this hippie girl. Sparks will fly for sure!

Since camping these two have wanted to go camping with me again... Only they wanted to go when there was tons of snow up on the mountain! Well that is not my idea of fun and I told them I will be happy to go camping in the summer only. (They don't seem to know what a weather report is, nor do they know how dangerous getting stuck in the snow can be!)

So anyway these people can learn, but you better have several hours for each and every one of them!

Tell them to stop using toilet paper if they want to save the trees...

Ohhhhhh billy bob they are listening watching just like big brother
in 1984 thought police and all you just have to keep an open mind.
:Eye: :Eye: I can boom over to a nearby house with a transistor
radio the old school type by tuning between frequency's if you
have your tube on I can hear everything you say!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oregon is a beautiful, ecologically diverse state, perhaps the most of all. It's economy, history and landscape have all been shaped by timber, farming, fishing, ect. Now days the state is full of people who want to put it behind glass...they think we should all live in the city,and view nature from behind a fence. Check out this girl, not surprising, just one of many...http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20081115/NEWS/811150320/1001

This #### makes me puke. Like she did something worthwhile. These people are so out of touch, it's crazy. What's even nuttier, is she is on an experimental housing committee that "provides sustainable" housing to poor people. They still frame the damn things with wood. She should be thrown into a skid trail and ran over....sorry, no apologies at all!!!

I'm seriously thinking about trying to gather some people for the next one of these demonstrations, I'll keep all the ASer's informed if we can all make it.

I know what you're talking about. I had a guy tell me that we should all leave our homes in the mountains and move to the cities so that areas that began as wildernes could return to their natural state. I told him we couldn't move to the cities because they had been wildernes too. The whole earth was wildernes before we came on the scene.
At least you guy's haven't been infiltrated by Holywood. Those people are friggin idiot's.

Andy

No worries Burvol, fire seasons the past 5 years have been worse than ever. The Green Movement is gonna bite themsleves. The fuel in our forests are more dense than ever. It won't be long and all of our precious resources will be black.
Maybe then they will realize that Mother Nature is a garden that does indeed need to be weeded and maintained in order to prosper.

No worries Burvol, fire seasons the past 5 years have been worse than ever. The Green Movement is gonna bite themsleves. The fuel in our forests are more dense than ever. It won't be long and all of our precious resources will be black.
Maybe then they will realize that Mother Nature is a garden that does indeed need to be weeded and maintained in order to prosper.

This is a much more constructive argument than "hey, you wipe your ass with paper, right?!?"

To go back 120 years and look at the recorded figures for numbers of acres burned and the propensity by topography and fuel type, you'll see that catastrophic fire in dominant overstory forest types is rapidly increasing.

One factor a lot of people leave out of the equation is the use of Anthropogenic fire by native Americans up through the early 20th century. The natives knew when and where to burn, and in some ways they had better fire management practices than the modern white man. Suppression of fire and the importation of foreign disease and insects has led to massive fuels build-up in modern forests. What's the answer? Mechanical fuels reduction (i.e. logging) and the re-introduction of low-intensity fire to the ecosystem (in most forest types).

If you looking for someone to march I'm with ya. I can be in Salem in just about an hour. What have you been thinking about as far as this goes. Or are you just wanting to get the leaf eaters all spun up? Thats fun too.

Remember the illegal protest in P town about the fur store? Some of us went up there and got the seal savers upset when we brought out our traps and skinning troughs and had an actual demonstration of how trapping should be done from start to finish. We got spit on and stuff thrown at us, you name it. But we were legal, we had permits and zones on where we could and could not be, and stayed with in those boundries. Lots of folks walking by were very interested and wanted to learn more about what really happens in trapping and how it worked once they figured out it is not done they way the adds and media have it portrayed.

Truth portrayed in taste and with knowing demonsrtation, and carried out with taste and respect can sink in a long ways to those that don't know about the subject. It can even sway opinions that have been made by false propaganda.

So ya I'm with ya. Lets do what we can

Owl

Latest posts

Back