origon bars online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weisyboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
where can i buy origon chainsaw bars online and get them posted to aus.

i want to put the a 24" bar with .050 grove on my stihl 034 but origon dose not bring them into australia. but i really need this bar or one similar.

:laugh:

However, to complicate it further, you might be more right then you think, or at least not completely wrong... Standard 3/8 is called often 375, and 3/8 low profile is often called 365, but that's just to be able to distinguish them from each other, I'm told they both actually measure 367...

:dizzy:

they both run on the same sproket thow so it should not matter. it is jsut the bar grove that is diferent.

No, there's more to it so they can't use the same sprocket, not well and safe:

They do have the same distance between the rivets, hence they're both 3/8 chains, but if you use a spur sprocket where the chain rides on the drive tangs you can see on the tangs that they are incompatibly different.

And if you use a rim the chain rides it on the chassis of the chain links and since the chassis is smaller on the low profile, the rim would have to be of different circumreference. You can fit it, but it reportedly makes ugly noises, makes more wear too fast, and I don't recall if the operator testing it reported about throwing or breaking chains, but either or both will probably happen.

I just posted the other day about this: LINK

Yeah, just be a little extra careful, and report back!

BTW, you're not running the Picco Micro Mini/Narrow on the 170 then? If so then it's also only .043/1.1 gauge and the fit would be even worse, not for the sprocket, but for the bar.

i am running what came standard on the saw.

3/8" L/O pitch, 0.050" gauge stihl chain. not sure what they call it but it rips really fast. i use the saw for cutting stay holes and morticesor rails on the fences we do.

i have emailed teh boys at balies about what i ned to do it and they seem to think it can be done.

Back