OT (off topic) but this is home......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ta hear all is well with Hubby despite the scares!!
Folks cuttin' on me while they talk about Golf Just creeps me out..
Good to hear he came through without extra parts added or removed, and will be fine!

And that is a cute KID! Almost big enough to stack wood already too!

Sneak a minuite and breath deep.;)

:clap::cheers:

Now all the scary stuff is outta the way.:D

Prayers sent.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Best wishes for a speddy recovery

Wow Shari , you are going to be getting a lot of little helpers in the up coming years . I hope that hubby heals up quick so he can start running that log splitter again. Were you folks able to get all your wood cut before the surgery. I sure hope this dosn't slow you folks down with firewood.

Heal up soon
Beefie

Wow Shari , you are going to be getting a lot of little helpers in the up coming years .

Heh! Heh! There actually are 3 more step-grandchildren that I haven't been able to catch pictures of yet! They all love to help grandpa and grandma and all even have their own child size "wood gloves". It takes longer to do the work when they help but helping is a good tool for them to learn. Plus, they all know somewhere along the way they will get a ride either on the tractor or in the wood trailer so we make it a fun day when they do help.

We have about 2-1/2 - 3 cord done up with maybe another 1+ cord to go but there is list member help all lined up to finish the work. Actually I have to finish preparing a site for the rest of the wood before splitting any more; we have some dirt that is in the process of being moved, then I have to compact it and bring in some stone/pallets. All will get done - not to worry.

Shari

Glad to hear things are looking up.

My opinion on bringing in pallets or stone.. If it is too much hassle just let the bottom row of firewood be sacrificial. I have been stacking on dirt for years.. Whereas Dad always stacked on pallets.. Boards breaking stepping in holes.. Pain in the caboose. imho

Glad to hear that all is going well for your husband,congradulations on the new little one,got the sonogram pictures yesterday of our 1st grandchild,it's definetly got something my 3 girls did'nt have and the wife says a grandson is going to be expensive for grandpa and grandma.Ive told the wife she is reaching a new horizon when she turns into a GILF.Hope all continues to go well for all your family. Scott

Update!

Update: Hubby was transferred out of intensive care yesterday! He is up & walking; still has some hills to climb but there are no mountains on the horizon.

Shari

P.S. I think I was tired when I left the hospital yesterday: I stood in front of the elevator doors pushing the unlock button on my car's remote control and couldn't figure out why the elevator wasn't coming. :D

Shari

P.S. I think I was tired when I left the hospital yesterday: I stood in front of the elevator doors pushing the unlock button on my car's remote control and couldn't figure out why the elevator wasn't coming. :D

Shari

Been there, done that...Hope all is going better....

One step forward, two or three steps back. Hopefully all will be forward from now on.

I think he is doing quite well because he is actually angry that he is not home yet! :)

Shari

One step forward, two or three steps back. Hopefully all will be forward from now on.

I think he is doing quite well because he is actually angry that he is not home yet! :)

Shari

We spent the better part of last year in ICU or specialty hospitals w/ my FIL...He is one of the most independent guys you will ever meet...I can remember walking in to the room and him saying that he was going to kill me, (but they did not have him medicated :dizzy:)...He was in total renial failure and had blood poisoning (c-dif)...He spent the last year on dyalisis, but is off now and doing great...Our prayer are w/ you again...

Back