Ouch got dang it!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sliced the tip of my pointer finger dern near to the bone while sharpening StihlRSC on the tailgate of my truck. I worked for about 20 minutes afterwards with pain and when I decided to take the glove off, a steady stream of blood dripped out. Butterfly bandaged it. Took almost 2 months before it healed over because I kept re-opening it. I have blood stains in my work truck, on the track-hoe seat, in my personal truck, on my work pants....got blood on all kinds of stuff. The thing would bleed like the jugguler of a stuck hog everytime I opened it up and I opened it up at least once a day for over 2 weeks. eeeek. I don't know how it never got infected....I never cleaned it once!

Dang, you guys are making my skin crawl! I'd be in big trouble if I had finger damage like some of you since I happen to play trumpet and piano as well. (yeah, call me a sissy and I'll pop you one.) As much as I use power tools (mostly construction) it's a wonder I haven't sliced anything seriously yet, and my only real 'scars and damages' stories are from my faded youth, and not worth bragging about here.

But I do have the honor of felling a tree onto a friend! I even told the guy to get up where we were, but he refused, thinking he was in the clear. When that tree came down right at him, he hid behind another tree, but it was so skinny, the falling tree clipped him on both shoulders at the same time. We decided he had been dubbed "Sir Knowsbetternow."

Latest posts

Back