Ouch! MS 360, Poor Fella...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl #1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The things people do to saws!!!
My buddy brings this over to the house and says it was given to him by a tree service company.

attachment.php

Seems it got caught under the truck and finally somebody says "What's that grinding noise???"

Even got the bar:

attachment.php

After looking it over I tried to start it and it cranked right up and runs fine. So I will dig some parts out of the 1125 series stash and get this poor saw back on the road, er, I mean back to work! LOL

Hey Pete whats that grind'n sound???

What grind'n sound??

Sounds like we're drag'n sumpthin???

Just turn up the radidio Zeek it'll quit.

jpshakehead.gif

:buttkick:

A few years ago the highway dept. was clearing out some trees and digging out a ditch near my buddy's house. He needed some fill dirt to fill in a low spot in his yard so he asked if he could have it, they said sure and brought a dump truck load to his house and dumped it out.

This pile of dirt sits there for a couple of months and my buddy gets his tractor and grader box out to work with it and unearths a Stihl 041 - it was'nt hurt and it fired right up, he still uses it today. He never did figure out if it belonged to the hwy dept or if it had fallen out of somebody's truck. either way it got scooped up by the track hoe and nobody saw it.

Good old "Über Alles!"

Looks like one of those new plastic handle jobbies. Of course it stihl runs. Any other marque would be El FUBAR Permanente!:greenchainsaw:

Oh, notice the plastic covers are unscathed.........

Last edited:
Eddie that saw isn't so bad. Several years ago a fellow brought me in a 036 that looked somewhat like a pancake. He goes you think this can be fixed. I looked it over and said whats there to fix, the whole saw was flattened. I asked him what happened. He goes someone laid the saw up on the track of a 955 Cat dozer. The driver didn't see it and started moving along and crushed the saw. Stihls are tuff but not 955 Cat proof.

Eddie that saw isn't so bad. Several years ago a fellow brought me in a 036 that looked somewhat like a pancake. He goes you think this can be fixed. I looked it over and said whats there to fix, the whole saw was flattened. I asked him what happened. He goes someone laid the saw up on the track of a 955 Cat dozer. The driver didn't see it and started moving along and crushed the saw. Stihls are tuff but not 955 Cat proof.

hee, hee, you just fagetabout that saw laid up under the wheel of that caddy.

:cheers:

And you didn't keep it! No pics??? We need to start a museum for this kind of stuff, Tom.
Or maybe just add pics to this thread from now on.

Latest posts

Back