Ouch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that piston in backwards ? or do 441's have the pins toward the exhaust ?Never been into one .

I meant the cylinder face doesn't look run on two of the pieces of ring but can see it on the third so must just be the orientation and lighting

Great thread! R u gonna follow the thread through with the rebuild and porting? That would be great! Id love to see someone do a thread on chamfering
I might but I need to talk to the owner and be sure he's ok with the build. I would prefer to split the case and be sure everything is solid. Parts for that would end up around $380 so it'll depend on what he wants to spend.

I might but I need to talk to the owner and be sure he's ok with the build. I would prefer to split the case and be sure everything is solid. Parts for that would end up around $380 so it'll depend on what he wants to spend.
Ya I hear u! Between parts and port he will be on up there. Is that a 441c?

Okay well I hope he will give u the go and u follow the thread through. Appreciate the info
Well like I said it'll depend on what he's willing to spend. Chances he'll have it fixed and kept stock because of the cost of repair.

I wouldnt risk it, take the lower apart and replace bearings. That ring must have been one hard SOB because Ive never seen one so brittle and frag like that. I have seen plenty location pins dance out and rings clip ports in snowmobiles. Actually, the big guy with the moustache in my avatar had the same thing happen.

I wouldnt risk it, take the lower apart and replace bearings. That ring must have been one hard SOB because Ive never seen one so brittle and frag like that. I have seen plenty location pins dance out and rings clip ports in snowmobiles. Actually, the big guy with the moustache in my avatar had the same thing happen.
I appreciate your advice. But I'm already a step ahead of you.

Back