Our firewood set up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wheres the yarder ? the pics look like im watching axmen lol

Here is the link to another thread why no one can bring in wood.
Asian Longhorn beetle: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=77188&highlight=beetle+ma

Sorry about the vent 02PS, nice to see the work will be local and keeping some working. Welcome to the site, it has tremendous information. Most here will be informational positive & negative, just have some broad shoulders (they usually are looking out for your best regardless).

wheres the yarder ? the pics look like im watching axmen lol

Lol I wish we use that backhoe or the bobcat to pull the tree's in the directions we want them to fall. cut the brush off then I pick the logs up and they cut them into log lengths with out worrying about grounding the saw out.

Wishie22, the state came and completely cut down a hole state forest near my house because of this its sad to see..

DSC00289.jpg

That UTV is like 7ft tall.
DSC00290.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

Wow! THAT is a lot of firewood! Cool pics-thanks.
02PS - Any guess how many cord ya got there?

Nice operation, just wish we could get a portion of that kind of price.
Last weekend the boys and their help passed the 200 cord mark for the year, but a thirty five dollars a face cord or rick is a far cry from this kind of operation, we don't have the camping volume in our area, most people who do just throw their own wood in the back of the truck before they go.

yah know... all because its in a bag? you can buy a cord around here for 300-350 a cord.

I'm sure glad my 110$ a cord of hardwood is not bagged.....I'd have to go back to PROPANE. Talk about taking it in the shorts! Do they hand out knee pads when delivery is made?

Don't forget the "lazy" aspect of those wood buyers. My neighbor was about as lazy as they come. Took his family camping up above Potlatch, Idaho. Decided he wanted a fire. Drove 50miles back to my place to "borrow" a trunk full of wood and then drove back. I have been there and if he would have spent 30 minutes kicking around the forest he would have had all the wood he needed just for picking it up. :)

Campers and tourists will pay outrageous prices for convenience.

Harry K

You need a super splitter. Splitting that much wood to that size you should invest in one. Best move I ever made.

Scott

I have been there and if he would have spent 30 minutes kicking around the forest he would have had all the wood he needed just for picking it up.

Around here they won't let you pick up wood from the forest in the campgrounds, even sticks. People still do it anyway, and I've never seen any consequences. I was at Diamond Lake a few years back and they had so many trees down people were coming in, cutting up firewood, loading up the truck, and heading out. Beetle infestation and a storm took out a ton of trees.

I was camping up in Canada a few years ago, and there were signs everywhere warning everyone not to pick up wood and burn it there as well. Trees were down everywhere, so bad lots of trails were blocked. Nobody there with a chainsaw. I guess they have this crazy idea of letting nature take its course there. They wouldn't let you bring in your firewood, either, so I paid about $5 per bundle of green "firewood". It rained the whole time I was there, and I was in a tent. Nope, I don't ever plan on going back to Canada again!

-Steve

That setup is awesome, 02powerstroke. In fact, I'm impressed. You know how that guy shot reagan to impress jody foster? Using that model I shall shoot carrot top to impress 02powerstroke.

I have camped all over North America and can't recall staying at a campground that allows people to gather or cut their own wood on site.

Around here they won't let you pick up wood from the forest in the campgrounds, even sticks. People still do it anyway, and I've never seen any consequences. I was at Diamond Lake a few years back and they had so many trees down people were coming in, cutting up firewood, loading up the truck, and heading out. Beetle infestation and a storm took out a ton of trees.

I was camping up in Canada a few years ago, and there were signs everywhere warning everyone not to pick up wood and burn it there as well. Trees were down everywhere, so bad lots of trails were blocked. Nobody there with a chainsaw. I guess they have this crazy idea of letting nature take its course there. They wouldn't let you bring in your firewood, either, so I paid about $5 per bundle of green "firewood". It rained the whole time I was there, and I was in a tent. Nope, I don't ever plan on going back to Canada again!
-Steve

we have the rule to because if we did not we would be a dirt field with camp sites and some large trees after the end of the season

Back