Out doing some cutting....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravely_todd

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
IMG00730.jpg

Todd

Nice Picture. Looks like you was busy. Neat way to haul your wood.

What size is the Massey? About all I can tell for sure is it's a 200 series. I've got a 180 here.

Looks like she needs some chains once the snow flies!

Love the 3pt. basket!!:clap::clap:

Nice load of cherry to boot.
Nothing coals out quite as nicely for spring and fall.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

What size is the Massey? About all I can tell for sure is it's a 200 series. I've got a 180 here.

Looks like she needs some chains once the snow flies!

It's an MF 245. It does need some new tires, those are the originals from 1984....

DSCN0001-4.jpg

Todd

Last edited:
I'm curious and have a subjective question and realize that there are probably variables, but how many hours/miles should one expect to get on tractor tires? I have a plow business on the side and thinking about getting a tractor for plowing....

It's an MF 245. It does need some new tires, those are the originals from 1984....

DSCN0001-4.jpg

Todd

I'm curious and have a subjective question and realize that there are probably variables, but how many hours/miles should one expect to get on tractor tires? I have a plow business on the side and thinking about getting a tractor for plowing....

It's an MF 245. It does need some new tires, those are the originals from 1984....Todd

That depends how often it gets run down the road on pavement. Pavement eats tractor tires up. My brother and I used one of dad's tractors to run a business when we were younger. The business entailed lots of driving on the road from place to place. When we started the business the tractor still had the original tires, 30 years old. We burned through those tires and another set in the 8 years we ran the business.

If your tractor stays around home and mostly sees dirt etc, you can quite literally expect them to last you a lifetime. If the tractor is kept outside you'll have problems with the tires cracking/checking before they wear out.

Thanks CB19, makes good sense. Mine will be seeing dirt roads 90% of the time....

That depends how often it gets run down the road on pavement. Pavement eats tractor tires up. My brother and I used one of dad's tractors to run a business when we were younger. The business entailed lots of driving on the road from place to place. When we started the business the tractor still had the original tires, 30 years old. We burned through those tires and another set in the 8 years we ran the business.

If your tractor stays around home and mostly sees dirt etc, you can quite literally expect them to last you a lifetime. If the tractor is kept outside you'll have problems with the tires cracking/checking before they wear out.

I've put a couple thousand road miles on a sweet corn picker, probably averaged over 100 mi per week, a set of tires lasted about 4 years.

BUT, tires today are made softer/cheaper, and cost more as well (a new set of 18.4 38 radials goes well over a grand nowadays). I wouldn't recommend recreational roading.

I have a Massey Ferguson 235 (almost Exactly the same tractor as that one) and Now "After Seeing That" I have to build myself one of those Baskets, Thats cool as heck.........Thanks.......

Back