Outboard 2-Cycle Mix in Stihls ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logbutcher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
No no, not another "which oil"...calm down.:dizzy:
I'm late ( she yelled at me ) :buttkick: bringing in the Yamaha outboard, running and fogging for storage. The cove is now iced up. So there's near 3 gallons of 100-1 mix to get rid of : use it with added oil in the Stihl saws for 50-1 ?
And: Can the Yamaha 2-Cycle Outboard TWC-3 oil be used for the same 50-1mix with gas as the Stihl 50-1 oil ?
I need help. :cry:

-

Do not run it in the saws put it in your car or truck you will not be able to tell any difference and for the other part you should not use the twc-3 in air cooled equipment.

Last edited:
you need to duck and run!!!!:)
put the boat mix in your car/truck.
legend has it that tcw3 does not cool the engine like air-cooled mix does.
mixing more oil with the tcw3 does not seem like a solution.

someone more qualified will be along shortly to address your questions.
(gary!):)

Last edited:
My uncle ran tcw3 oil for years without a problem. I was raised on that oil till last summer when i got my MS660 and i have been using stihl ultra

I'm new to chainsaws, but I've been riding Banshee and Jetski's for a years. I've always been told not to use outboard oil in atv's or ski's.
I would think the same goes for saws.
What is gas going for there? 2 dollars a gallon? So with the price of the oil and gas you have what, 8-10 dollars?
Is the possible risk of damage to your saws worth the 8-10 dollars your trying to save?

Thx for sharing the article. I made my decision. No more TCW3 in my saws! I have been guilty once or twice.

Run it... they're your farkin' saws...
You knew what the answer was before you even posted this threa... :help:Gary

Use it on that brush pile you been meaning to burn and flick a match to it! ;)

yes, do it. The quicker they burn up the quicker I make money fixing them:greenchainsaw:

I don have no farkin saws, Dummy: why would I ask if I knew the answer ? :monkey:
You gotta learn to speak your mind Gary. :dizzy:

Brush pile has igniter. I swear not to use TCW3 in any saw. I swear. :buttkick: Thanks all.

Always time for a dram of Laphroaig Cask Strength D&C quote

How the H can you afford Laphroaig Cask Strength.....and saws ????
Forget the saw GTG, let's do a Laphroaig GTG with you providing the single malt cask strength. PM me...now.

Always time for a dram of Laphroaig Cask Strength D&C quote

How the H can you afford Laphroaig Cask Strength.....and saws ????

Thats easy.. Put a Baileys $1.70 a link CARBIDE TIP chain on my old 074 and cut a window in the back of the local Whiskey Shop..

Then use the whiskey to get brave enough to go over to the Stihl shop and repeat step one for some saws... Then go up North and start cutting wood.. :popcorn:

ps: I never answered your question on the Laphroaig - hmmmm - guess I need to think about how I came to drinking it.. That - Ardbeg, and Lagavullin 16 yr would be first whiskeys to pickup and drink.. This is ture and it's funny how they all are right next to each other along the same "cove" on the Isle... O and Tiliskers 25 yr - now that is a $$ bottle.. :sword:

Last edited:
Thats easy.. Put a Baileys $1.70 a link CARBIDE TIP chain on my old 074 and cut a window in the back of the local Whiskey Shop..
Then use the whiskey to get brave enough to go over to the Stihl shop and repeat step one for some saws... Then go up North and start cutting wood.. :popcorn:
ps: I never answered your question on the Laphroaig - hmmmm - guess I need to think about how I came to drinking it.. That - Ardbeg, and Lagavullin 16 yr would be first whiskeys to pickup and drink.. This is ture and it's funny how they all are right next to each other along the same "cove" on the Isle... O and Tiliskers 25 yr - now that is a $$ bottle.. :sword:

To think they got class in Texas. :dizzy: I is impressed. :popcorn:
What I like about the Islay single malts is that few of us discriminating boobs like the smoke with our malts. No sharing since most hate it.
Remember: no TCW3 in your saws ( just so we don't get the moderators worked up about highjacks here ).:censored:
We can have a special Folder for single malts....what do you think ? :popcorn:

ok I miss typed... how about a 880 with a 20" bar..

insert: wait here it is!

57-008 *(90900) 19mm x 17mm (11/16" x 3/4")
Fits Dolmar 107, 122, 123, 128, 133, 143, 144, 152, 153, 166, 707;
Oleomac
260, 261, 264, 271, 272, 284, 480, 481, 482, 999F;
Stihl 050, 051, 074, 075, 076, TS350,
TS360, TS510, TS760

there I dyed the info BLUE !!!

Last edited:
Back