Outdoor Boiler tipping!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtimm

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Central Boiler 5036 that is tipping on it's slab. Anyone else have this problem? 2nd year of having it and it did not do this last year. I live in clay country so I'm thinking the frost has alot to do with it.

should have put a footer under it,mine has a 12" by 30 footer all aroud the pad.I figured for what it cost,a little more money would'nt break me. Scott

I went by memory of where the piping needed to come out of the slap when I poured mine. I was off 4-5" so I had to put mine clear to the edge of the slab. It started leaning last year and still is leaning. I will have to repour the slab. This time wider and thicker. Would be nice to pour it large enough to put a wood shed on the same pad. Can't because of the lay of the hill it is on.

Sounds a little late for a proper footing.
Dig out under the low side and slip a bottle jack in there. Raise it up and shovel some gravel around it and remove the jack. Or leave the jack, you'll probably need it again. (Get a chep one from harbor freight) Good luck

I have a Central Boiler 5036 that is tipping on it's slab. Anyone else have this problem? 2nd year of having it and it did not do this last year. I live in clay country so I'm thinking the frost has alot to do with it.

Mine tipped a bit last year,went right back in the spring.

a bit of clay here as well...

I used a post hole digger and dug 6 holes under the pad 3' deep and ran rerod down theose holes and connected it to the rerod in the pad. Then I just poured it all at once. Been 4 years and no movement at all.

I'm gonna see if it goes back come thaw. I'll definately have to figure something better out for next winter.

What is that doing to your underground pipe and pump connections? Hopefully it is not tipping too bad. :msp_ohmy:

I'm hoping it holds up, but it's not tipping to bad. C'mon spring!

Latest posts

Back