Overhaul the wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkeyslayer

Smells Great
Reaction score
New here, and to forums in general. Just thought I would try to post some pics of the cv boot replacement I did on the quad last night. Glad I did it when I did, also found a bad seal in the hub. Back at the firewood tomorrow though so glad I got to fixin it.:rockn:

welcome to AS!

that sure saves the old back, don't it?

i gotta get a 4 wheeler........

Welcome to the forum Turkeyslayer. Good pics- everyone loves woodcutting scenes. By the way, is that a Chocolate lab or Chesapeake Bay retreiver- I can't tell?

Welcome to AS and thanks for the pics! :cheers:

Those quads can really move a lot of wood and are especially good for getting in through existing trees.

That trailer looks pretty handy as well. I have to round up some material and build one before summer sets in. I'm thinking a bed over flat deck with slots for attaching side rails.

:cheers:

Thanks everyone this is a great site. The dog is a 8 month old female chessie, I think she will make a great duck dog this coming fall. The splitter is a surge master by EMB (same as wallinstien i think?) 2 stage 31 ton with a 9 HP honda engine. It was purchased to replace a 31 ton MTD that walked off on me a couple of years ago.:cry: The surge master has had some unsplittable (with one stroke) chunks, but I believe that is due to the rate of the pump. Man that old MTD would split anything, I sure miss it:cry:

The dog is a 8 month old female chessie, I think she will make a great duck dog this coming fall.

Yeah, I thought so. My chessie is 10 months- same color as yours, looks just like her. They're great woodcutting buddies. Mine will lie down in between my feet while I'm cutting if I let her. She never leaves my side, never gets bored, even if we're working in the same spot for the day. Once again, great pics. Happy cutting.

You guys that live close enought to you wood supply to be able to use ATV and Small trailer to haul in are sooooo lucky.

My wood supply is aminimun 80 mile round trip and generaly a weekend camping trip..

This is what I did to my wood hauler this winter. From 1 & 2 to
3 & 4

View attachment 91960

View attachment 91961

View attachment 91962

View attachment 91963

Have yet to finish side racks they will be 40" high. Jeep is used for yarding logs....

Last edited:
Widowmaker
Nice refurb. on the hauler, and sweet jeep, I bet you have some fun in that buggy.:clap:

TS:cheers:

=======

Thanks and welcome to the AS.

The Jeep has been a part of the family almost as long as there's been family. We raised 2 daughter in the back seat of that jeep on the 4x4 trails of Eastern Washington.

Jeep is a 73 CJ 5, 4wheeh disc brakes, 65 Chevy 409 "W" block, 700r4 Auto, model 30 transfer, 4.88 gears, locked up on both ends Yes its been a lot of fun, don't "jeep" it much any more(getting to old, me, not the jeep) just drive around on the roads and easy trails and yard wood with nowadays...

Latest posts

Back