Owb nra...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a gun owner, I proudly support and donate to the NRA as they do "thier best" to defend the rights of gun ownership I have. As an OWB owner, is thier any group assembled as of yet to defend / lobby on our rights as wood burners..? I see a fair bit of smear campains on the internet and mis-information about the emissions of PROPERLY operated OWBs. The best positive effort I have seen as of yet has been on CB's own website. Comments.....

Haven't seen anything yet, but on the other hand haven't looked. They better bring some big guns and a whole lot of money for me to shut down. I'm a proud member of the NRA and we need all the help we can get to fight Washington. They do a great job fighting the political and personal agenda war.

Just goes to show you there hiding in all corners waiting for the right time. How you like the proposal to have to have a licence to sell,buy,etc. any firearm. And report any private transactions within like 72 hours. What a bunch of bs. What the heck is up with amo. Poor guy can't afford to shoot anything but a 22 and that's getting ridiculous. Last i knew metal prices have fallen out. I suppose it takes a few years to equal out.

Ammo? I went to Cabelas today and were almost completely out of hangun ammo and had no 9mm bullets and only a handfull of primers and they were shotgun primers. Nobody in S.E. Wisconsin has pistol primers. Cabelas said people were calling from Indiana and Michigan today looking for primers. A little off the subject, sorry.

Come to NJ and find out what "legislation" is all about. It took me 90 days. YES 90 DAYS. to get my handgun permit. Then I have to present it to any licensed gun retailer just to "handle" a handgun at a shop. Not my firearms permit( needed to purchase a "shotgun" )but a separate form just to purchase ONE handgun at a time per permit. I need to submit for a permit every time I want to purchase another handgun.

Forget about concealed carry. You need a Judge's permission/recommendation for and a reason( I am a bank manager and that's not good enough for consideration.

Yup I'll pay to support an OWB lobby, and I don't even have one.

Just goes to show you there hiding in all corners waiting for the right time. How you like the proposal to have to have a licence to sell,buy,etc. any firearm. And report any private transactions within like 72 hours. What a bunch of bs. What the heck is up with amo. Poor guy can't afford to shoot anything but a 22 and that's getting ridiculous. Last i knew metal prices have fallen out. I suppose it takes a few years to equal out.

Back in the day when there was an Eastern block there was a joke of sorts a Polish guy told me.

Q: Why do the Poles pour used motor oil on thier flower beds?

A: To keep thier rifles from rusting.

Folks, normal folks, and not just tinfil hat conspiracy theory types, are buying like there is no tomorrow, and the market wasn't geared up for a 1000% increase in sales.

Obama and his agenda make people nervous about the future, and what is obviously coming.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

We are moving into scary times, not just gun owners or owb owners but as Americans! We need to stop taking our freedoms for granted because everyday we loose more. Educate the people, last week I was driving through my local town going to the bank and I could smell plastic burning. I noticed a owb puking black smoke, so I stopped and explained to the guy (nicely) that currently there is all sorts of people trying to take his right to own an out door stove, and that his burning trash isn't helping. Will he stop? I don't know, but we have to inform our friends and neighbors of what is happening, we can't sit on our hands and talk about the "good ol days".

Nra

I'm a proud member of the NRA but unlike gun owners, OWB owners don't have a constitutional amendment to hang their hat on. Our best course of action is responsible burning AND showing up at your State Rep/Senators events with friends(and a check)...these are the folks who let legislation go through. Unless they are educated that OWBs operated the right way are not the monsters the environmentalists make them out to be, they will likely buy into the Anti OWB hype. Mass enacted a new law in Dec 2008 and it seems to be rather well thought out. It staggers the tightness of the regulations based upon distance of the OWB from dwellings not serviced by it. Here's the link: http://www.mass.gov/dep/service/regulations/ohhregfl.pdf

Remember if we don't educate our lawmakers the Anti-OWB crowd will.:chainsaw:
By actually attending these events (fundraisers) you will be taken 100x more serious than a letter or telephone call to their office.

Last edited:
Fine the violators

We are moving into scary times, not just gun owners or owb owners but as Americans! We need to stop taking our freedoms for granted because everyday we loose more. Educate the people, last week I was driving through my local town going to the bank and I could smell plastic burning. I noticed a owb puking black smoke, so I stopped and explained to the guy (nicely) that currently there is all sorts of people trying to take his right to own an out door stove, and that his burning trash isn't helping. Will he stop? I don't know, but we have to inform our friends and neighbors of what is happening, we can't sit on our hands and talk about the "good ol days".

If someone is speeding, do we take away everyone's car? Of course not, so if someone is burning trash, plastic, PT wood, then they should be fined...and heavily. A blanket ban on all OWB owners is not only unfair, it's un-American.

New residents of California treated like convicted criminals!!!!

When people moving to California from out-of-state go the DMV to register their vehicles, the "nosy bureaucrats" at the DMV will ask you if you brought any guns into California.

Now, if one is stupid enough to say "yes", the "helpful bureaucrats" at the DMV will require one to fill out a huge pile of govt forms, register your guns, pay obscene fees, and go thru an extensive Criminal Background Check.

If you aren't able to experience CRS, be sure to carry a large jar of Vasoline to the DMV with you.

Back