OWB terminoligy-pet peeves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't an outdoor wood boiler boil wood? Anyone see wood boil lately?:dizzy:

Just wandering (or is it wondering? wonderen? who knows - can't spel fer crap).

:hmm3grin2orange:

LMFBO!! Boiled wood makes some horrific heat!! Zoinks!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

AOD wrote:
PID = Proportional Integral Derivative, I think, it's a type of feedback loop used for digital building and HVAC control systems, more specifically, the turd of a system that's known as Johnson Controls Metasys. How I love to hate writing that code.
And an "A" for you as well, Kudos
My experience was with a turd of a system that's known as Honeywell, fortunatly I didn't have to code it.

I wrote Metasys code in college and absolutely hated it! I would rather write Visual Basic or be an AutoCAD cubicle monkey than to mess with that crap! It's probably a lot better now, we were using old Windows 3.1 stuff and cryptic old code software. I've messed around with Siemens stuff before and it's a bit more straightforward, and I've done some stuff with pneumatics, which have their place but I hate cheap pneumatic VAV boxes with a passion.

I wrote Metasys code in college and absolutely hated it! I would rather write Visual Basic or be an AutoCAD cubicle monkey than to mess with that crap! It's probably a lot better now, we were using old Windows 3.1 stuff and cryptic old code software. I've messed around with Siemens stuff before and it's a bit more straightforward, and I've done some stuff with pneumatics, which have their place but I hate cheap pneumatic VAV boxes with a passion.

What language is that?:dizzy:

Geek

Thanks LANNY I haven't been called a geek in a long time, and yes I consider it a complement. AOD I don't like VAV much either, really prefer face and bypass but the almighty dollar may have condemned them.

Lloyd h and AOD

Do not mistake my sarcasm for ill will. Just the point was valid. My language is locally driven and somewhat dated....But, really, you guys were geeking us pretty hard....Lanny:)

Do not mistake my sarcasm for ill will. Just the point was valid. My language is locally driven and somewhat dated....But, really, you guys were geeking us pretty hard....Lanny:)

I can geek way harder. Don't make me start talking about World of Warcraft.

PID = Proportional Integral Derivative, I think, it's a type of feedback loop used for digital building and HVAC control systems, more specifically, the turd of a system that's known as Johnson Controls Metasys. How I love to hate writing that code.

Wow AOD, I dunno how it was writing Metasys code, but it was a charm of an EMS if set up properly...had it in the buildings I used to work at, now using Trane Tracer Summit, which we have V.17, (the latest) which is still primitive compared to Metasys as far as trending capabilities are concerned. At that facility, we converted the pneumatics over as we built/rebuilt areas. Honeywell Deltanet had funny cartoon-like graphics.

:givebeer:

I call mine an outdoor wood boiler.... I like to have the word wood in the title.....sounds cool, outdoorsy and mountain man like, here in chicago...I have also heard them called a water stove.

I have heard my water boiling at shutdown, the temp read 188*. I belive it to be true, the water in contact with the baffles does boil.

I call mine an outdoor wood boiler.... I like to have the word wood in the title.....sounds cool, outdoorsy and mountain man like, here in chicago...I have also heard them called a water stove.

I have heard my water boiling at shutdown, the temp read 188*. I belive it to be true, the water in contact with the baffles does boil.

Yah, I like to stoke up the fire, door open, listen to it simmer, see the orange flame coming out of the stack....the stuff dreams are made of!
:dizzy::dizzy:

Ever go to a gun site and use "clip" instead of "magazine" for a rifle? (Don't do it.)
Unless you're talking about an M1 Garand.

I spend most of my time moderating a firearms forum, so I thought y'all were talking about a holster: Outside the WaistBand (as opposed to IWB).

Unless you're talking about an M1 Garand.

I spend most of my time moderating a firearms forum, so I thought y'all were talking about a holster: Outside the WaistBand (as opposed to IWB).

I think that describes the physiques of a fair number of members here, judging by the enthusiastic response to the "Who likes beer" thread down in off-topic. :)

PS, the Garand's a cool firearm. Not so good in the snow and cold. Lots of our GIs unfroze them in a pool of yellow water during the Bulge.

Suffering from a severe case of a rectalcranial inversion.:jawdrop:

A stove is a warm air unit that heats a room with gravity.
A furnace uses warm air to heat the whole home through ducting.
A boiler uses steam to heat the home.
An outdoor wood burner heats water to heat the home through pipes that can be in floor or through base board elements and can also be converted to a air handler mounted in the ducting .

Last edited:
Back