OWB, Yours and why

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(yours) Timberwolf 3500 is what I have had for the last 4 years. (why) they are cheap well built and it has given me rock solid performance with 0 problems.

Woodmaster 4400

I just finished my first heating season with my Woodmaster 4400. I couldn't be happier with it. The reason I went with this one was price, dealer, and recommended to me by a couple of different friends that had the Woodmasters. Good Luck with your purchase.

Heatmor 200

They are built in MN with a well established dealer within 45 miles (Mikes Heating in Mahnomen). My brother had one for 12 years with no problems. Good warranty. Logical design, desirable features: ash auger, ash grates, bladder, forced draft, stainless steel firebox.

I've been running mine 2 years now, very happy with it. Saving tons of money. Reliable product, have recommended it to friends - one of them bought one already. I would definitely buy another one but don't think I'll need to for many years.

Another friend has a Woodmaster and I do like that one as well, they seem very well built. Newer dealer for Woodmaster in Moorhead.

Where in MN are you?

Woodmaster 5500...dealer was the deciding factor over Central Boiler. Boiler has done an excellent job for me (exceeding my expectations) over the past 5winters.

Central CB5036.....works great, good dealer...

The E-Classic: their first year out, lotsa small problems. If you want a gasifier, Greenword, Tarm are good.
Now, if you wanna talk shaver...check out the shaver improvement forum on here first....
First, determine your needs, current and future, plan your install carefully...see disclaimer below...

Cozeburn 250 here. My buddy is the dealer, the price was right, and all the people that have had them were very satisfied. I passed my 1st year and am very pleased. It has an ash scoop, which was a big seller for me. 7 cord heating 3000 sqft, not bad IMHO.

(yours) Timberwolf 3500 is what I have had for the last 4 years. (why) they are cheap well built and it has given me rock solid performance with 0 problems.

++1

also look at a Heatsource 1 they are like the heatmor but with a little better parts. Check them all out but just buy one that a dealer is near you cuz you will need parts.

Here are a few I would look at

Heatsource 1 (im a dealer so I like them more)
Heatmor
Central Boiler (over priced+mild steel)
timberwolf (small company+cheap+kinda ugly)
empire
woodmaster
talyer

Do not buy a Shaver wood boiler, if you want a cheap boiler buy a timberwolf.

Shaver 340

Simple design, low (no) maintenance and built like a tank. If I were buying another OWB, it would be another Shaver.

Woodmaster 4400 for three years now with zero issues. I like the simple round design with less welds. I also like the wrap insulation and screwed on siding in that if I ever need to get to the skin I can without magor surgery. The elctronics are nice but I could do well without them in thinking about problems down the road.

Shaver 250, It was simple,and thick firebox,good ashpan,I was misled by false advertisement,I wouldnt not buy again,ever,unit has way to many shortcomings,I spent a month working on a brand new OWB after I got it,and it still needs more work to be "done".

Hawken 1100 - Simple design & good dealer - very happy with it after first season, I like the benefits of the forced air draft. Warranty looks good but you never know till you need to use it.

hawken he-2100

hawken he2100

great investment! preformed to expectations. no electronics to go bad in the middle of a harsh winter. great dealer, he spend at least 30-40 hours with me before i settled on this unit. one winter with no problems!

Looking at buying an OWB and would like some input. Which brand do you own and why.
Taylor T500 going on eight years of trouble free service,:cheers:I get about 16 hr burns in below zero weather. It heats my old farm house and DHW. Go with an honest, servicing dealer.Don't buy the cheapest owb you come to. Look for a Mfg that's been around more than 25 yrs,tons of newer companies cant say how long their product lasts for the simple reason they themselves haven't been in business that long!! Hope this helps! Kalib

I just finished my first heating season with my Woodmaster 4400. I couldn't be happier with it. The reason I went with this one was price, dealer, and recommended to me by a couple of different friends that had the Woodmasters. Good Luck with your purchase.

+1 for Woodmaster 4400, I have used one for 4 years and will never go without one again, not 1 problem yet, i heat my house and my water. -15° and i add wood 2 times a day.

(yours)-- an INDOOR AHS multifuel boiler inside my garage.

(WHY)-- I had an outdoor OWB and I was sick and tired of refilling it in the freezing cold every 8 hours. Indoor unit is WAY more efficient, way cheaper, is ASME stamped and I don't freeze my butt off refilling it. The wife loves that part also.
Also, have you ever seen an old OWB that hasn't been welded? Sure there are a few but not as many as the indoor boilers. Neighbor has a indoor unit from 1947 and it still works like a champ with ZERO welds on it.

Of course this is jusy my opinion.

heatsource 1 +1

As mentioned earlier they are similar to heatmor. These are very well built stainless steel units with high quality workmanship and features. I am going on 3rd year with absolutely no problems. My wife likes it better than inside wood stove we used to have, no inside mess, smokey ceilings, or open door in subzero weather to transfer/bring wood in the house.

Central Boiler 6048 here. 24 hour burn times in winter with no problems. The unit is built very high quality and looks pretty cool in the yard.:)

Latest posts

Back